~Prolouge~

That sound, what was it? Was that your family? You couldn't tell, not that you were paying attention, you were but a small child at the time. True, most would have been curious, had turned around, but you were rather enraptured with trying to climb.. Besides. You didn't want to accidentally fall. Falling was bad, cause that led to 'owies' and owies lead to 'scoldies', you really didn't like those.

Admittedly, you weren't said to be the strongest child.. Atleast, not as strong as you should have been. You were a year or two old, but yet, you crawled more then you walked, but really that was your own stubbornness. Your want to stay closer to the ground, that was much safer. You knew this and yet.. You'd wanted to try something else for once, to prove the grownups wrong, that you were strong. So you were here.

You'd snuck out even, you knew you'd probably get scolded for it, maybe even a slap on the wrist or rump, but it'd be worth it! Because along with the look of scorn, there'd be pride, they'd be proud!

This was your motivation to climb the bars, one by one, this was your sole goal in mind, the reason you hadn't bothered to turn around to address the sound.

But honestly, you should have, but would that have made a difference? You were stuck. You couldn't have jumped down, you were much too small, frail, clinging to the bars when they suddenly gave a violent rattle.

You didn't have much time after that to make a sound, whether the loudest cry to the softest whimper, unfamiliar-textured hands grabbing you, one pressed firmly over your mouth, though a soft silken cloth pressed to your lips, your young mind hazing.

You were scared.. Of the unknown of course. Of these unfamiliar fuzzy faces, and the unfamiliar place you were placed in for awhile.

But as your naive, wide-eyed gaze calms and drifts closed.. How could you have known of the hell that would await you?

If you had, you probably never would have snuck out that day to impress 'Mommy and Daddy'.

You wouldn't have found it worth it, not worth losing your youth..

Your innocence..

And becoming what?

A slave?

A murderer?

Something of both.