1:03

AMELIA

AMELIA

My eyes stay trained on the foot of the bed while my fingers absentmindedly pick at a loose string from the comforter.

God this room.

It holds so many memories - and not all of them good.

"Hot chocolate with whipped cream and extra coca powder on top." Nix says proudly as he walks in his room and makes his way to me with a little blue mug. "Just what the doctor ordered." He hands it to me and collapses on the end of the bed, propping himself up on one arm.

"I don't know if delivering food to people in the hospital constitutes you as a doctor all of a sudden." I tease but keep a straight face, my exhaustion ever present. He laughs a little before his face turns serious. I can't meet his eyes because I know the sad look in them.

"M, what happened?" He asks me softly. "What's happening to you?"

"You know what's happening, Nix." I answer quietly, raising my eyes briefly to meet his. He nods slowly.

"Was it Hale?" He asks protectively, a slight edge in his voice. I shake my head.

"No - but I still don't want to talk about it." I finally admit and he nods again.

"I'll call your dad, let him know you're here." He decides. I don't protest and he leaves the room. Throwing once last comforting smile at me before leaving to make that phone call. I'm pretty sure he's made it one thousand times.

Hey Mr. S - yeah Mia's here - yeah she's okay - we think it's best if she just stays the night - I'll take her to school tomorrow - of course, you're welcome sir.

Translation.

Hey Sheriff - yeah she's having another attack - I've just gotten it under control - she's in no state to drive - I'll take care of her - it's no problem, I'll always be here for her sir.

MELINDA

"Melinda you've completely lost it." Adam exclaims from behind me and I let out a laugh while dragging him through the big doors and onto the empty bus parked behind the school. He brings me to a stop and I roll my eyes smiling. "Where are we going?"

"Somewhere more private." I smirk and pull him through the doors of the bus. I turn around to face him, his brown hair blowing in the wind while the small lights from the school make his tanned skin glow and his blue eyes shine under his black rimmed glasses. He is perfect. He is perfect in every way to me. If only I could be that perfect."Away from everyone else." I say placing my hands on his shoulders. He lets out a short laugh then smiles, placing his hands on my hips with his thumb rubbing smooth circles. It sends my heartbeat into palpitations.  His contact makes my heart flutter and my skin tingle. It is weird but I enjoy it. There is something deep down for Adam but I never really knew it existed until now.