"Let's call her Morgana."

The small wizarding town of Ironforge was lightly populated; two - maybe three - hundred people lived there. It was a busy, average Tuesday for everyone but the Fata family. Athena Fata had just birthed the couple's first daughter.

The Fata family lived in a cozy brick cottage on a hill just beyond the river. The new baby, Morgana, birthed only hours before, lay in her mother's arms as the family gathered around to see her.

"I learned in school that babies are born with gray or blue eyes, but hers are green; why is that?" Kingston, the Fatas' only other child, whispered, so as not to wake Morgana.

Kingston was nine years old, and he was overjoyed to have a new little sister; a new friend. He went to no-maj school and didn't know any magical kids other than the few families in his town with children. Kingston excelled in his no-maj school in the next town over. He loved it there, but he was more than happy to leave it all behind in two years when he started at Ilvermorny. As of now, he wasn't allowed to bring any friends home. They can't see magic, or he could get the Fata family in trouble with the American wizarding government.

"I'm sure that's just a no-maj thing," Athena replied calmly. "I'm not worried about it."

Athena Fata was a beautiful woman inside and out. Ask anyone and they'd tell you her beauty is indescribable. She had long, dirty blonde hair and lively green eyes that lit up with happiness wherever she went. Beyond that, her gentle and kind heart was extraordinarily even more charming. When the Dark Lord was rising to power, she had declared her home a safehouse for any wizards and witches in need of a place to hide from his power. There were about three dozen people staying in her company before his downfall, crammed into extra beds and air mattresses and couches at night. Kingston had only been three years old at the time. He hardly remembered the terror people were facing, and Athena was glad of it.

Morgana stirred slightly in her sleep. Sterling chuckled. "Isn't she just beautiful?"

Now, Sterling was definitely not as remarkable as his wife, but he had had his moments. He often kept Kingston distracted while others were speaking of the incidents occurring across the country. It was mainly due to Sterling's playful attitude and his love for Kingston that the latter didn't remember the visitors breaking down as Athena comforted them.

"Kingston, you should get some sleep; it's late and you have school in the morning," Athena said. She grunted as she tried to stand up and Sterling came immediately came to her aid. She walked painfully to her bedroom and lay Morgana in the crib that Sterling had fashioned months before. "Sleep tight, young one," she whispered as she gently kissed Morgana's forehead before leaving to check on Kingston.

Athena slipped into Kingston's room to find him reading in his bed. "Go to sleep; you can finish reading in the morning. Goodnight," she said, smiling. Kingston sighed and put the book down, but after Athena closed the door, she was sure he had picked it up again. She chuckled and moved on. Athena was not one to scold her son on his keenness for learning.

Sterling was sitting on the sofa, reading the newspaper. "Still, nobody has heard anything of a new earth elemental," he says without looking up. Athena fell onto the seat next to him, resting her head on his shoulder so she can see what he was reading. The front page of the newspaper bore a picture of an African man smiling and waving from his front yard and the headline: The Search Continues. The man continued to wave at her as she read the side article.

Omari Aguda, the earth elemental inhabiting Egypt, passed away yesterday morning at the ripe age of 135. As most know, only one elemental of each element can exist at a time; implying a new earth elemental should have been born shortly after Aguda's death. The fire, water, and air elementals are under track record, however we have not been able to find the newborn earth elemental. As elemental magic can sometimes correspond with dark magic, we keep a good eye on all of the existing elementals so as not to worry the public. One way to tell if someone is an earth elemental is to search their forearms for tattoos; elementals gain a tattoo of their element once they have gotten past powerful magic. The mark that every earth elemental has gained is a set of black flowers. However, since this earth elemental may only be a newborn, it is unlikely that it will have survived powerful magic, if any at all. The only other way to tell is if it has strong relations to nature itself. We urge all witches and wizards to alert the MACUSA if they notice any signs of elementalism in a newborn baby. Be safe, everyone, until the search is over. (For more on Aguda's life, turn to pg. 3)

"I'm sure it'll be just fine. They've only been looking for two days, and it's a newborn baby. It can't be very easy to tell when a baby's an elemental. Even so, that Omari guy was a pretty good man. I read a biography about him; he didn't coincide with the dark arts whatsoever," Athena rambled. She looked up at her husband, whose brow was furled underneath his glasses. He was staring at one spot on the paper, appearing to be very focused on one word, or perhaps nothing at all.

"That's not what I'm worried about," Sterling said.

Athena gave him a puzzled gaze, and he glanced back at her with his worried expression. "What do you m-"

Athena was cut off by her own gasp in realization. As if asking it had answered her question itself, she knew exactly what he meant.

"There's no way, Sterling. Thousands of babies are born every day, thousands! It couldn't be." Athena sat up straight, determined to get her point across. "What would even make you think that? Besides, wouldn't she have shown some kind of sign already?"

Sterling pursed his lips. "Athena, she doesn't even have the strength to smile yet, let alone 'have strong relations to nature'. How could we know that Morgana isn't the earth elemental?"

Athena stood up. "She isn't. She just isn't, I know it. I will not have a child meddling in the dark arts. Nobody with my blood could be an elemental." she crossed her arms and turned toward the hallway. "I'm going to bed. You can come whenever you like, but don't bother bringing this up again."

And she left to her bedroom, leaving a frowning Sterling on the sofa with the newspaper still clutched in his hand.

*AN- so this is basically the life story of Morgana Fata. If you haven't started yet, go read Legacies by oklupin . Morgana is a character from her story, which is based off of a roleplay our group of friends do. Also, please note that Morgana's family is American so they use the term "no-maj" instead of "muggle" and will be talking about Ilvermorny rather than Hogwarts. Hope you enjoy it!