Soundtrack Series • Take Me Home • I Would

Harry: "Tell me why?" Sydney pokes as the two of you walk around a rack of clothes. It's about time you went out with her instead of staying home. She's been begging for this outing since Harry left. However, she's been questioning you about him ever since you got in the car to leave, making you want to get right back out and crawl into bed. You don't want to talk about the one person in the world you actually have strong feelings for but can't be with. She isn't going to stop asking though. "It's just not possible; he would never be able to be around." "Then you go to him. That's a terrible excuse! You have the means to travel all over the world, you can't tell me that you don't." She is right, of course. Your family has set your up nicely. Living the life Harry has, would be nothing for you. You honestly don't have a reasonable excuse. You will keep fighting it though. "What happens when we break up?" Sydney looks over at you, confusion on her face. "Are you serious? Break up? The two of you work together so well it's sickening. Breaking up should be the least of your worries." It is your biggest worry, though. What happens when you and Harry realize things between you just don't work, that you were better off as friends? Do you go back to being friends? Or is everything over? What if the breakup is nasty? You will lose him forever. You can't risk that, no matter how much your heart and head say that you love him. You are just now starting to get back to the way things used to be. It's still far off, but you can't mess that up. "I just can't be with him, things have to stay the way they are." "And you be miserable for the rest of your life? What is wrong with you?" You look over at her, a defeated look in your eyes you're sure. "I guess you just don't understand." "Yeah, I don't understand why you aren't willing to take this risk that will make your life and his happier. It seems selfish almost." "Selfish?" You counter defensively. "Yeah, you're holding back his happiness just as much as you are your own. (Y/N), he loves you, and you said the other day that you love him too. Ever since the moment he walked out that door to go back home you have been a nightmare. You've been moody, and just an absolute pretentious bitch." You feel like you've had this argument with her before. Fighting with Sydney isn't a good idea, you have to live with her. When you say nothing to return her harsh words, she continues. "He's leaving this up to you because he's already attempted to be with you once. I still don't know why you-." "Can you just drop it?!" You say loudly, grabbing the attention of a lot of the people that were around you. You look around, acknowledging the eyes that were now on you. You're sure some of them were aware of who you were, so the last thing you needed to be doing that shouting in the middle of a store. "I'm just trying to get you to realize the mistake you are making by not taking a chance with him. He's going to take care of you, he's not going to let anything happen to the existing friendship you have. If I can see it, I don't know why you can't." You can't see a lot of thing that she can, apparently. "It just can't happen," you tell her sternly, hopefully she would take the hint and leave the conversation alone.
Liam: Liam's in-home stereo system is getting its full use today. You've been prancing around the house for the last hour, not caring if anyone in the building across the street can see you. You've taken a risk by putting your music on shuffle, knowing that any minute, yep, there it is. You can't help but smile as Liam's voice comes over the speakers throughout the house. The opening lyrics he sings brings out a laugh. Oh, what you have been through. You don't have a boyfriend anymore, which makes you wonder what the line would have been if that were the case back then. This song probably would not exist in all honesty. It was pretty easy now to pick out what lines were written about you. That is if he hasn't already told you about them beforehand. One of the perks of being friends with one of the boys is that you get to be the second or third opinion on new songs. This also means that albums aren't surprises, but being able to listen to songs before everyone else in the world was a pretty cool benefit. As you dance from the living room to the kitchen, cleaning up your breakfast mess, you hear a slight knock. Your eyes grow wide. You rush over to the remote and turn the blaring pop music down. Whoever is on the other side of that door has definitely heard your jam session. You reluctantly make your way to the door as another knock comes, this time it's louder now that you have turned off the music. You look through the glass in the door. "Damn it," you say under your breath as you take a step back and reach for the handle. "Having a little concert, are we?" Andy says as he steps into the flat that is very familiar to him. "I just wanted some music while I cleaned," you inform him, even though it was a lie. "Cleaning? Right," he responds, knowing better than to believe your story. "What are you even doing here? You know Liam is at the O2, right?" "Yeah, I was just down there. I came by to get something he forgot." "Forgot? What could he possibly need?" "Uh, let's see," he looks around the room playfully. "He definitely doesn't need any of those remotes." He continues to look around. "He didn't say to get anything out of the fridge, and I don't think he wants the pillows from his bed." "Andy, what are you on about?" He turns around with a smirk on his face. "The only thing left in this place he could have possibly forgotten....would be you." You roll your eyes and laugh. "I went last night," you remind him, even though he is very much aware. "And it looks like you will be coming again tonight," Andy counters. "Get what you need, the car is outside waiting and he's been told not to leave without you in the car." "Of course he has." "What is so wrong with coming to the concert? It's not like you weren't having your own here a few minutes ago." You glare at his smiling face. He is proud of that statement. "Go get your stuff," he urges and you walk away from him. "It's not even noon!" You shout from the bedroom. You couldn't possibly be needed until night fall. "Just get your stuff! Jesus, he told me you would complain about coming, but I wasn't expecting this much lip from you." "Always expect the worst," you say with a smirk of your own, as you walk back into the living room. "You need that big of a bag?" "You came up here out of nowhere, I will need to change. You're lucky Lou is there to do my hair and makeup." "Thank you, Lou," Andy praises as he opens the door, letting you walk out before him.
Niall: It's been a week. You've worked an entire week in this flat with only contractors walking around. You aren't sure whether it feels strange or if Stephen's absence is a relief. He's been around you for so long these last few months that this time without him has been sort of a shock. You've gotten a lot of work completed, but as you look around now you still see the many weeks you are going to continue to be here. "We need you in the guest room," you hear from the kitchen. You walk back through the corridor to meet up with the contractor. "What's going on?" You question as you look into the only half-lit bedroom. "Something is up with the wiring in this place. We are trying to replace the fixtures but now this side of the room doesn't have electricity. It's got to be this light somehow, because the other one worked just fine." You close your eyes, taking a deep breath in. You didn't need this information right now. As soon as your mind switches over to problem solving mode you hear your phone ringing. "Just a second, I'll be right back." You quickly make your way back to your phone. "Hi," you greet, a very needed smile coming to your face. "Everything alright?" Niall questions, he's always been good at picking up on stress in your voice. "Literally just got news that the electrical isn't working in the guest room, and that it's probably the light fixture I had picked out. I have no idea how that works, but I'm already over today." You hear him laugh. He's never been one to sympathize much when you complain about work. Regardless, you continue. "This morning I walked in and some bricks on the wall had been damaged, no idea how that even happened, but now I have to figure out a way to get those replaced. I'm just hoping that this isn't the beginning of everything falling apart, it's been going so well so far." "How big is this place? I feel like you've been working on it for months." "That's because I have," you answer with a laugh. "It's six hundred more square feet than mine, if that gives you an idea of the size of this place." "Oh, well then I guess you still have a long way to go." You can hear slight disappointment in his voice. "It isn't going to take very much longer, but yes, there is still at least another two months of stuff to get finished." "But you're designing it from scratch, right? Is that what they call it?" You laugh at his wording. "Sure, that's what they call it. And yes, it was a blank canvas when I took over." You really don't want to be talking about Stephen's flat with Niall, it's just uncomfortable. "How was night one?" He's playing to the sort-of home crowd this week, surely he has something to talk about. "It was great, good to be back at the O2. I just wish you could have been there. You've never missed a night there and it sucks not having you there this week." You hate hearing this from him. You would love to be back home, not worrying about lights and bricks, and be spending the week with him in London. New York is going to keep you though, no match how many times you beg it to get you go just this once. "I know, I'll try to get to the last show. I would absolutely hate to miss that one." You know he's going to hold you to this, and you will have to triple your work load to make it happen. But the last show, is the last show.
Louis: Waking up beside him this morning still felt the same, for you at least. Sitting through sound check still felt the same. It's the pretending that's getting to you. Liam is the only other person that knows about you and Louis. You made Liam swear after your flight back to the UK landed that he wouldn't say a word to anyone. He wasn't sure at first why you still wanted to stay around after Louis had been so hurtful, however after you explained your reasoning and how going back home just was not an option for you right now, he began to accept it. "As long as you say you're happy with this." That is all he said. You've felt him looking at you all week, concern full in his eyes. You want him to stop worrying about you. That's only going to bring questions from everyone else. You're heading back from lunch, walking alongside Louis as you have been for the last week. Every outing, every appearance, you've been right by his side. No one has even brought up the fact that you weren't at the end of the North American leg. The ring still on your finger continues to keep them quiet. As everyone goes their separate ways once outside, you follow Louis back into the bus. It's time for his afternoon FIFA session. You aren't the least bit interested in watching him play, but for the sake of the 'relationship' you follow him into the back lounge. You know that if anyone else comes in the bus and sees you not back here with him, questions will come up. You're in London to spend time with him, why wouldn't you be laying across his lap as he plays? As he gets situated you look around the area to find a place. "Come on, get in here," Louis urges, but with a smile. He's looking up at you from the couch, his arms up inviting you to the place you used to lay. You return his smile and crawl onto the couch with him. You know this isn't real for him, but you also know he isn't a complete asshole and still cares enough to make sure you don't feel out of place. The two of you are a team in this and he still realizes it. He knows the bone you are throwing to him by staying here, it's the biggest courtesy in the world. It's just a shame that everything is fake. You lay against him as he begins to play. You used to lay in this position all of the time and feel right at home, this was where you belonged. Maybe it still is, just in a different circumstance. You are here to help each other, but love each other. That's been the toughest part of this so far. The moment you actually accepted the fact that the love you thought you were receiving from him was all a façade, that's when you broke. You were in the changing room of a shop he had taken you to; it was only a few days ago. Remembering that moment now is bringing unwanted emotions back. All you have ever wanted was to feel love from him, but that isn't coming. Your love is still strong; you still love him so much. You would tell him if he would let you. You would only get a scowl from him. "That's not what we do," he would tell you. You know, you've heard it plenty of times while breaking down in front of him. He promises it's going to get easier. That it won't feel like pretending anymore. But not pretending means it's real, right?