Jimin; Day

"En guard!"

"Shit!"

"Language, Mr. Park!"

"Sorry, sorry... I just-- how do I keep losing to you!?"

"Mr. Park, you must remember I am quite a bit older than you and did love fencing back when I was younger than you."

"You couldn't let me win once, Francis? Not even once?"

"You'll win when you best me, and actually win."

Jimin groaned and tossed his sword to the side, mumbling to himself as he turned to leave. "It's not fair... pay him to please... have him fired..."

"What was that?"

"N-nothing!! Just-- thinking outloud."

"Right. I am being summoned by your father now, so I must go. Please remember to properly put away your equipment."

"Yeah, yeah. Go."

"Right away, Sir."

Jimin sighed and collapsed onto the floor.

He often plays against a different butler or his friends, none of them as good as he is at fencing. Francis, on the other hand, is in his late fourties and always bests him. It frustrates Jimin that he's in his early twenties and still, somehow, has never managed to beat Francis once.

A loud, upbeat tune blared from inside Jimin's pocket. He knew this ringtone well, and he didn't really want to answer.

The music died down and all was quiet for a moment before it started up again.

"Hello, Hoseok."

"GOOOOOOOD AFTERNOOON MY LOVELY BEST FRIEND! What's up!?"

"Trying to regain the ability to hear in my right ear..."

"Perfect! Do you wanna hang out!?"

"I have, like... 2 meetings left to go to today. Unfortunately, I can't."

"Awe, okay. We are all meeting up tonight, but tomorrow you should meet with Namjoon to get filled in on our next plan."

"I'm sure I'm free tomorrow. I'll tell my father I can't be involved in anything then. I'll message you later."

"Alright! Exciting! Have fun or whatever at your meetings!"

"Yeah, sur--" Before he could even finish his sentence, his over-zealous best friend had hung up.

"Typical."

Jimin peeled off his fencing equipment and turned on the locker room's shower. He stood under the hot flow of water for a long time, washing, thinking, singing, and whatever else he felt like doing.

"Mr. Park, Sir?"

Jimin let loose a shrill shreak, making sure the curtain was pulled shut, and clearing his throat.

"Yes, Marie?"

"As I'm sure you are aware, your father is visiting and he would like to see you now. You seem to be preoccupied at the moment, though. I'll tell him to wait for you in his guest room."

"Uh.. Yes-- um... Do that, thank you. I'll be out in a moment."

"You are welcome, Mr. Park. Should I get you anything?"

"No, no! I just... need you to go."

"Right away, Mr. Park."

Jimin's face was as red as could be, and not because of the hot shower. You see, Jimin has had a bit of a crush on Marie since she became employed under him. He found her intriguing, interesting, gorgeous, and cute with the way she misspronounced words in Korean. She has a slight lisp and because she isn't from Korea, is still learning the language. His favourite word that she says wrong is "pepper." In Korean, it sounds a lot like "penis" and it makes him laugh.