1.

A/N: Oh, look at me writing another fanfic to the ones I can already barely handle. So I hope you like. I've only written this chapter but I have a plan. And I'm aiming for the change to happen around Chapter 3.

Also, all beginning of the chapter quotes are from WTNV or the Twitter feed. Don't ask me the episode though. I frankly have no idea.

<(•)>

Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you will know almost none of them.

"Loser!"
"Freak!"
"Nerd!"

Carlos was used to the names at this point. He was used to having his legs kicked out from underneath him or his books traveling record distances across the hallway. Used to the view of the floor as his nameless bullies pushed him harder to the floor. He was used to it at this point. Because he got bullied almost every day. For three reasons.

He wasn't straight
He wasn't white
He wouldn't fight back

Carlos stayed on the floor at this point, waiting for the silence again before releasing a breath he didn't even know he was holding. He wanted to lay on the tiles longer, just stay there until the last bell rang and he could go home. That would be nice.

But Carlos had science. He wasn't going to miss science.

Pain surged through him as he attempted to push himself onto his knees. The usual places of his back, chest, and hips felt sore. His legs, too, but he'd assess the damage on those later. Looking up, he saw his papers scattered across the hall, ranging in distances from 10 to 30 ft. He sighs, then crawls over to begin picking up the papers.

"Can I help?" A voice, an unknown voice breaks through the silence. It's high pitched, but not in a annoying way. More like it hadn't exactly deepened yet.

"No, it's fine." He dismissed. "I can take of it ..." A hand crossed into his line of vision, brushing against his own, and soon he looked up to see whom it belong to. The boy was about his age but unfamiliar to him. He wasn't too tall, too short, too thin or too fat. But he was really cute.

"Hi." He said, seeming as stunned as Carlos was. He didn't make a move to remove his hand. Neither did the boy.

"Hello." Carlos said, unsure of what else. The boy smiled. He lifted his hand from the paper and held it out to Carlos.

"I'm Cecil." He replied. "Cecil Gershwin Palmer. I'm new, if you didn't already guess. I was trying to find my next class when the bell rang and I saw you lying on the floor and I didn't know what to think! But I then you got and you kinda seemed to be in pain so I wanted to help. And well since I'm talking to you I thought maybe you could show me where my class is because, again, I'm new and I just moved here. Oh, maybe you could show me around the town too. I saw a diner that looked like one from my hometown and I smelt the food and it smelt good, so maybe on Saturday we could there for lunch and I'm sorry but what was your name again?"

"I never told you." Carlos said, picking up the last of his papers. "But I'd be happy to show you where your class is. My science teacher is very understand when it comes to me."

"Oh! I think I have science too!" His voice seemed to crack as the pair stood up. Cecil began fishing around his backpack before realizing the schedule was in his pocket. "Sorry about that. When I get nervous I ramble and forget things. More often the former."

"I could tell." Carlos commented, but Cecil didn't seem to hear him.

"Ok, so I'm in Room E119." He stated. "Is that your class?"