chapter 1 - the after party

Harper pov.

My best friend Kayla bought a couple of tickets to my favorite singer for my birthday. She was going to surprise me but her brother Tyler told me what she did I was so excited about going he told me don't tell anyone about it.

I went to my closet and looked in there for my party clothes I found a little blue dress. I closed my door and locked it because my brother Mathew would just walk in without knocking. I slipped into the dress then looked into the mirror to put my makeup on at my desk and I curl my hair.

"Harper" I heard someone yell from the stairs.

"What do you want" I yelled back

"Mom said to Get down here to get something to eat before you leave" he shouted.

"I'm be right down in a minute"

As I continued to get ready I heard a soft knock at the door I got up to answer the door it was my mom.

I opened the door and she just stared at me looking at me from head to toe. She ask me "why do you have the door lock" and I told her "I must of forgot to unlock it." I looked at my mom face and a tear slid down her cheek I ask her "what wrong?" She answered "my baby is 16 today" I looked at my mom and ask "is dad home yet" and she answered "no not yet but he will be by time you get home today."

As a tear began to slide down my face my phone began to ring I reached for it on my desk and I answered it "hello who is this?" "Hello baby" my eyes gotten bigger and it began to glisten with tears. "Daddy I miss you." I explained to him and asked him "why he wasn't home for my birthday." But all he had to say was that he is on the way and he is trying to make it before I get home so I said "I have to go my friend will be here any minute now."

I went downstairs after crying my brother looked at me and said "happy birthday Rugrat" I replied with a thank you.

Hhhhhoooooonnnnnkkkkkkkk I knew it was my friend so grabbed my phone and put it in my back pocket and went to the car and she drove off.

When we got to the concert the bouncer at the front gate asked to see the tickets and then we walked in and took our seats. I had birthday money so I bought some pop and snacks and a t-shirt that said Jones brother.

The concert started and it got loud I was standing up dancing around as he looked in to my eyes and I looked into his. I looked at my friend and I told her thanks this is the best birthday ever. It was almost 10 pm and at the last song I just stared into his eyes as they looked at me. The song was almost over so we started heading for the door when it was over the band had caught us before we left and ask "if we wanted to go to the after party with them" and I said "yes" with no hesitations.

So we got into the car and she started to drive we looked at the gas tank and saw that it was low. we stopped at the gas station as I was waiting for her to get back into the car I text my mom and dad tell them we were going to be late we're going to a party.

She got back in then we continue to drive. When we arrived at the party we walked in and Luke came up to us and told us "thanks for coming." We went to the kitchen to get something to drink and he ask me "what would I like to drink" and I said "Margarita" and he said "we don't have that." So I decided to tell him that "I will have a shot of jack Daniels" then he said "okay" then Kayla and I went to the dance floor to dance.

He came up to me and ask "if I wanted to dance" then he grabbed both of my hand and tilt his head back like he was asking me to go with him with his head.

So I followed him through the living room and upstairs and into a room. I looked out the window and he came up behind me and started to kiss my neck but I couldn't catch my breath then he looked at me then I said okay go  and do it then he continued to kiss my neck then he spun me around. Then he started kissing my lips and we started walking to the bed and he lay me down then he took off his shirt. Then he layed on top of me kissing started from my lips to my neck then he got up again and took off my dress.

I unbuttoned his pants then he pulled his underwear down and he pulled mine down then we layed back down as he held his dipstick and gently put it inside of me and moved up and down I moan. I grabbed the sheets on the bed when he started picking up speed making my moans even louder.

When we got done I waited until he fell asleep to leave I got my dress on and I went to find my friend. She asked me "where I was, your parents have been trying to find you we need to go" I replied "yea we do need to go" then I looked at her.

"What wrong?"

I looked smiling ear to ear "nothing I said" she set there studying me to see if she can figure out why I was so happy then she said "I got it" I said "got what" "I know you had sex" she assume.

"Yes I did"

She tried to get me to tell her with who by playing the best friend card but I wouldn't do it.

I arrived at home I looked up to see nothing but daekness I wonder if they are in bed it's 12 am. I walked up to the door to turn the knob. When it opened I jumped.

"Surprise"

Tears filled my eyes all of my friends were over and some family was too I looked around  to find my dad but he was there I walk to my mom and asked her if she knew where dad was and she said last time she knew  he was on his way.

I was tired so I only visit for a little while before calling it a night and saying goodnight to everyone before going to bed. I was  on my way to my room  but we all heard a knock  I thought  it was my dad so I ran to answer the door but I seen his partner  Mike I asked him with tears in my eyes where is my father. He asked can I talk to your mother please. I asked why did something happen to him as my mother came to the door then stepped out side so they can talk in private. Me and Matthew set on the bottom  stair as everyone else left the party waiting on my mother to come in from outside.