A Mother's Words

My mother once told me about an ancient legend. About a magical kingdom that existed around five centuries ago.
A kingdom shared happily between two families, both merciful and generous with their subjects. The Western Kingdom, ruled by the Blackwoods, traded crops with the Eastern Holts in return for building materials.
Both were content until one day, the Eastern King passed away, leaving the kingdom to his only son, Maxwell.
Max wasn't happy with how his parents ran things and wanted the entire province to himself. He thought that the Blackwoods were taking them for granted. So he declared war. The western king tried to negotiate with Max but was killed. He finally had the kingdon to himself.
But then.....
Delilah Blackwood appeared. She fell in love with Maxwell Holt. However, their love was forbidden. But she came from Blackwoods, the most evasive family in the kingdom. She stayed hidden, seemingly invisible to all but Max. And Max kept her hidden, knowing that she should be killed but wanting her to live so he could love her.
They married. Delilah had twins, a boy and a girl. The girl, Maribella, could turn invisible by the age of twelve and the boy, Alecsander, could transform into any creature he thought of by the age of fifteen.

So, you see, I am a descendant of the Blackwood-Holt family. I can turn invisible. Not at will. Well not yet. I'm still learning that part. That'swhy my mother sent me to this prison of a place out in the middle of nowhere. "To learn how to control myself," she says. She doesn't have powers. My father did. He could Change. He used to walk around the house as a orange tabby cat, chasing a mouse that attempted to come out of its home in the wall.
But that all changed when he went to work one day. I was told They killed him but there isn't any proof so I'm not sure.