eleven // change

So I'm continuing my friends story flowerjoseph

Alex woke up.

She could smell food from downstairs.

Weird, she thought, is Luna making food?

She messily put her hair in a ponytail, yawning, as she walked downstairs.

"Luna?" She rubbed her eyes. "What are you doing?"

Luna was putting cooked pancakes on a plate, stacking them.

"Breakfast, duh." She rolled her eyes. Alex squinted her eyes in confusion. Luna never made breakfast. What is she doing?

"Why?"

"So we can eat, are you dumb?"

"Luna you never make breakfast, why start now?" Luna set the pancake she had on the spatula down onto the stack.

"I just thought it would be nice." She turned the stove off.

"I didn't know I couldn't make breakfast, apparently it's a sin in this house now."

"Luna I didn't mean it like that, I was just surprised." Alex took an empty plate from a cabinet and put some food on it.

"Sorry."

Luna made a confused face. "For?"

"For being rude."

Luna shook her head. "Nah, it's fine."

Alex nodded.

"Do you need anything, A?" Luna smiled at her friend. Alex shook her head.

"Okay."

_________

Luna and Alex were walking. They wanted to go out and get some food and maybe stop by a house or two to take a look at what they had. They arrived at a small diner.

"I found this place pretty cute." Luna said.

"You never call anyone or anything cute."

"Things change." Alex frowned.

"You know you're cute when you blush." Luna smirked.

"What?" Alex's eyes widened, a small tint of blush on her cheeks.

"Just saying." Luna pulled the door of the diner open, waiting for Alex to walk in.

"What are you doing?"

"Holding the door open for my friend, aren't you gonna walk in?"

"You never do that." Alex saw Luna's eyes turn dark. Like she was mad. She, however, took a deep breath.

"I'm trying to be nice, Alex." Luna stared at her, right in the eyes.

"Fine." Alex huffed.

_________

"Have a nice day!" The waiter said as the girls left. They walked down the street, heading home. People would pass them on the sidewalk and give them stares. They were crossing the street when a guy bumped Luna on the shoulder, while he walked by. The girls stopped, so did the guy.

"Got a problem, freak?"

"Watch were you're going next time." Luna's eyes flickered with rage.

"That's all you're going to say?" Alex frowned.

"You're getting mad at the wrong person." Luna pushed her a little. Alex growled, taking her knife out from her back pocket.

"Never cross us again." Alex pointed the knife at the guy's stomach. The guy whimpered, running across the street.

__________

"What the hell was that?!" Alex pushed Luna.

"What are you talking about!" Luna pushed her back.

"What the hell is up with you?! You've been acting, nice!" Luna frowned.

"I thought you would be happy."

Alex swallowed the lump in her throat.

"Why would I want that?"

"Because I act like a psycho! I thought this is what you wanted." Luna took a stepped closer the Alex.

"This isn't you. I don't want you to be someone you don't wanna be." She looked down. "I like you because not because you're nice, but you really are, I like you because you could stand up for yourself and that your rude comments make me laugh." Alex smiled. "You protect me, I'm to nice, what I did to the guy, I wouldn't be able to do that on my own, you help me be, stronger. It's not making sense, but I like your rude self."

Luna grabbed Alex by the collar of her hoodie, pressing their foreheads together. "Good because I hated being nice." Alex blushed, holding onto Luna's arm