Chapter 1

Dick's pov
At the age of 7, I knew that I didn't belong in the body I was born in. I wasn't meant to be female. In my mind, I was a male. Everyone just thought I was a tomboy, but no I knew I was a male on the inside I just didn't know why I was born in the wrong body. So I started to live a life of a boy and my mom and dad was fine with it. We lived in a circus so they weren't surprised, they said they had she stranger things. After a year this is when the accident happened when my parents were murdered in front of me. Then I moved in with Bruce Wayne and hid my gender a secret afraid of what. Would happen. I didn't want to get sent back to the orphanage, it was a horrible place. I was careful to never get hurt so that I wouldn't have to take off my shirt to get looked at. I have been able to hid it for 5 years. It has been getting harder because of puberty. But tonight a lot of things went wrong. I was fighting joker and he surprised me by shooting me in the stomach. There was no way for me to treat it myself, so I would have no choice but to show it to Bruce. When we got home he told me to go over to the medical table, lucky the wound wasn't as bad as I had first thought.
Bruce's pov
(Dick is bold Bruce is other
"Dick take off your shirt son." I say
"Can't I just lift it up?"
"No now take it off."
"But..... I can't you'll find out."
"Find out what?"
"Haven't you ever wondered why I never take off my shirt around people."
"I thought you were just self conscious."
"No it's because I was born in the wrong body, and I hate it."
"What do you mean by wrong body."
" I was born in a girls body, I'm  transgender."
"Why didn't you ever tell me about this it changes a lot of things."
"Because I knew that it would mess things up and that you would send me back to that horrible place."
"What place?"
"The orphanage"
"Dick I would never send you back to that place. The only thing it changes is that I would of been able to help you get clothes that fit better and possibly top and bottom surgery.  And anything you need."
"Are you serious you don't see me any different because I was born a female?"
"No dick I don't your still my son, always and forever."
"Thank you Bruce....no thank you dad."
"Your welcome son. Now let's get you cleaned up."
3rd person pov
Dick lefts his shirt off to reveal a binder on his small chest. Bruce starts to clean the wound so that it doesn't get infected and works quick and doesn't say anything about dicks chest. After he is done Bruce hands dick a shirt to put on. They head up stairs, to have a long talk so Bruce can understand more of how dick feels.                                         
Dick's pov
We head up to Bruce's office me taking a seat on the couch and Bruce taking the seat next to me. Bruce starts to ask me questions
"How did you know that you were born in the wrong body? What did you feel?"
"When I was younger I would always act like a boy and do all the boy thing and when my parents dressed me up as a girl I was always confused I always felt like a boy and being told I was a girl I was always confused, they just pushed it off like I was just a tomboy. But as I grew I felt wrong. I had a boy mind but a girls mind. I just always knew in the back of my mind that i was a boy in a girls body."
"Thank you for telling me this info so I know more about how it is to live like how you do. I'm so proud of you living the life you what to. You better go to bed you have training in the morning."
I get up and start walking out to go to bed and stopping to give Bruce a hug and say "I love you dad."
"I love your too son." Bruce says returning the hug.