Brownie?- 8

Since Nate and Aliester are in like a honey moon faze or something, Nate couldn't hang out tonight but I didn't want to be bored on the day before my birthday. Especially the night were it transitions to it.

It's around 10 and I'm just aimlessly roaming around. I pull out my phone and call Ryan.

"Hello?" He asks.

"Hey rebel what are you doing right now? How do you feel about spending the midnight leading up to my birthday with me?"

"Are we gonna get arrested?"

"It's a possibility but I heard that if I show you a good time, you'll make me breakfast so."

He laughs, "I don't see how that benefits me but where are you at?"

"Rohman park, it's by Blackwells and Associates."

"Alright I'll catch a cab there, see you in like 20?"

I pause, "Yeah and if you wanna bring food too it's always welcome.  I hear you never wanna drink on an empty stomach."

He groans, "Oh god, this night should be interesting."

I sit on the swings for a good 30 minutes before I see a car pull up and Ryan gets out.  He's wearing dark skinny jeans and shirt that looks like it's from zumiez.

He brushes his hair out of his eyes.  In his is a brown paper bag?

"You didn't have to bring drugs, I already have some," I say pointing to the bag.

He shakes his with a smile on his face, "Of course you do, but no these are left over brownies my mom made.  And no they don't have marijiuanna in them."

I huff, "You're moms not very fun then is she?"

He glares at me with playfulness in his voice, "She's a fourty year old woman who doesn't even know what streaking is."

I lift up my finger, "No you see that's what she wants you to believe.  $20 bet she streaked at lease once." 

Ryan grabs my finger mid air and gets close.  Really close.  "I'm not betting on that," he says with a smile that reaches his eyes.

He then walks over to the bench, I call after, "Cause you know I'm right."  I see him laugh and shake his head at the same time.

On the way to the bench I pick up my bag and walk over to the bench with him.  Instead of sitting on the bench though, for some reason we sat on the ground.

I pulled out my bag of secret treats.

"Gummy bears," he questions?

"Vodka soaked."

He nods, "Of course."

"Would you expect anything less," I wondered.

He shook his head, "Why would I?"

Ryan takes a bite out of one and his face scrunches up then relaxes a bit.  "Not so bad."

"See just like how you cooked for me this morning, I gave you alcoholic candy.  What's that called? A symbiotic relationship."

He laughed leaning his head back, "Oh wow thanks.  Gordon Ramsay would be impressed.  And apparently so would Bill Nye."

After a while I brought up the question, "Could I sleep over your house again?"

He pauses for a second so I say, "Never mind I was just curious."

"No no, I'm just wondering as to why?" He says.

I lift one shoulder up, "I don't know I just don't wanna be stuck at home with my mom for my birthday.  Plus we had fun so I was just thinking." 

Ryan smiles and hands me a brownie, "You just have to promise me you won't steal my silk sheets."

I put my hands up protest, "I promise nothing."

We get a cab and drive back to his place. This time his parents are in the living room.

"Hey Ryan who's this?" His mom asks.

"Oh this is my friend Ryan, is it cool if he spends the night?" His mom dad give me each other looks in which Ryan says, "Don't worry he's a straight as they come."

His mom chuckles and waves us on.

Once we get to his room I say, "Straight as they come huh?"

He chuckles, "Well you are aren't you?"

I don't know why but I hesitated. "Yeah, so what time is it?"

"11:58. 2 mins, what do you want to do?"

"Doesn't matter to me," I say.

"You have something in your hair," he says as he gets up to come get it.

"What is it?"

He laughs, "I don't know brownie I think." He comes close and gets on his toes to reach it. He gets it but now we're face to face. His hand goes to the collar of my shirt. Slowly he grabs on to it, staring at it, but not my eyes. Then his eyes go to my lips. I can't help but have my eyes do the same. His lips are pink and full and begging me. I look up and I know he saw me staring at his lips. Maybe that was his que but before I could process it, he moved forward and pressed his lips on mine.

(A/N) so I'm halfway done with the next chapter so don't kill me just wait 10 more minutes and it'll be up promiseeeee but wooooo weeee momma do you think it's moving too fast let me know in the comments?  I personally couldn't wait.

-Emily