Family tree

Omg we are almost at 5k! I love you guys so much, without you I would be nowhere on wattpad❤️ I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been sooooo busy. I have got to finish this story. I'm also getting braces five days before my cheer tryouts...😬

I watch as everyone stares at Charlotte's dead body. The only emotion I see is relief. We're all relieved that she's dead. "Well that was interesting." Ryan says, breaking the silence. I turn my head to him to see him smiling.

"I'm just happy she's gone." I say, turning back to look at her. For some dumb reason I feel kind of sad. She was my sister, and I hoped to God that we could've had a close bond. I feel someone wrap their arms around me, and I look to see Dylan.

"Don't feel bad." He whispers, and I shake my head.

"It's not that I feel bad, believe me I'm happy she's dead." I pause. "I just wanted an actual sister." I finish, sighing. I turn around to face everyone else, and they all give me warm smiles.

"So should we burn her or throw her in the lake?" Ryan asks, laughing a little. I snort and smirk at him.

"Light her up." Isabella cheers, and my mouth drops open a little.

"Whatever. You can decide what to do with her." I say, walking away. I hear a couple whispers, and I can tell they're all directed at me.

I lean up against a tree, my mind taking me to other places. Why am I even bothered by this? I ask myself. She was a manipulative, mate stealing, bitch.

"You okay?" Someone asks, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look to see Isabella standing next to me. I sigh and put my head in my hands.

"I should be. I don't understand why I'm so bothered by this." I respond, peering back at her. "She was horrible to me. I should be happy she's gone." I say.

"I'm pathetic." I whisper, sitting down. Isabella stays silent, but sits down next to me.

After a minute of silence she decides to speak. "It's not pathetic. She was your sister. The only piece of your family that was left." She says, wrapping an arm around me. "But you have us. We're your family. Even if we're not related to you." She smiles. "Besides, you're basically my sister."

"I love you, Iz." I smile, already feeling better.

"Love ya too." She replies before standing up. "So lighten up, she's finally dead. All of our problems are gone. The war is over, the bitch is dead. Hopefully we can have some peace now." She finishes, causing me to agree with her.

"I really need a break." I say, and we both laugh.

We finally make our way back to the group. They're all talking with relaxed expressions and smiles. They look at me with warm smiles. "If you want we could just bury her." Ashley mentions, and I nod.

"Yeah."

After a couple hours, Charlotte's finally in the ground. We don't have to worry about her anymore.

"So." Dylan says, snapping me out of my thoughts. "What do you want to do?" He asks, and I give him a nervous smile. He narrows his eyes at me. "What are you planning?"

"I was hoping to go read about my family history..." I trail off, watching him roll his eyes. After a few seconds he looks back at me. "Dylan, you don't have to come. I just really need some more answers." I finish, wrapping my arms around him.

I hear him sigh, before he pulls away. "I know a place with some answers." He says, causing a large smile to make its way onto my face. I cheer, and grab my bag. "Let's go!" I say, grabbing his hand and yanking him out the door.