Chapter 2: Not As Planned

I drummed my fingers against the armrest of the couch, staring at the phone over the table.

It was Sunday and he still hadn't called. I gave him my number on Friday, why was he taking so long?! Alby said he spoke about me, and Newt himself asked me to go out sometime.

Defeated, I turned on the TV and absently watched it. There was a game show on, something about many contestants trying to find the way out in a gigantic maze. Well, that looked overwhelming.

Someone came running down the stairs, and I smiled when Chuck plonked himself next to me in the couch.

"What are you watching?" He stared at me with big eyes and I grinned at him.

"Nothing really" I lazily pointed at the screen, my eyes glancing at the phone again on the way for just a millisecond. "Just that"

"That's klunk!" Chuck exclaimed, picking up the remote and zapping through the channels as he bounced up and down on the couch. He was such a hyper and adorable little brother.

"Klunk?" I repeated, puzzled by that word.

"I made it up" He proudly told me, smiling widely. "It means crap or shit"

"Alright, I definitely rather you say klunk" I ruffled his hair playfully and he pouted as he combed his curls with his chubby fingers.

"Hello?" Someone shouted from the door.

"Thomas!" Chuckie stood up and run to him to greet him.

"Hi, buddy!" I heard Thomas saying to him.

Thomas had a key to my house; I gave it to him for emergencies. But he just used it to come whenever he felt like it. Not that I complained, though, it was great to hang out with my best friend. And Chuck liked him so much as well.

Still, Thomas took the advantage that my parents were out travelling.

I turned around to look over my shoulder and waited for Thomas to show up in the living room and then I gave him a hug.

"How are you, Y/N?" My friend sat down and handed me the bag he had been carrying. Occasionally, he would bring me candy or sweets or something.

"Meh" I mumbled, digging around the plastic bag and picking up the Snickers to start devouring them.

"She's moody because her boyfriend hasn't called her yet" Chuck explained with a mocking tone.

Well, what a mistake I made by telling them about my encounter with Newt.

"I'm not moody" I simply told them, watching my brother as he sat between Thomas and me.

"But he's your boyfriend" Thomas, of course, went along with him.

"What?"

"You didn't deny it"

I rolled my eyes at them as I nibbled on the chocolate.

"I'm just waiting for him to call so we can hang out, he's not my boyfriend"

"She's blushing" Chuck loudly whispered to Thomas, who laughed.

"Alright" I just stood up and was headed to my room, not very fond of the idea of putting up with their teasing, when suddenly my phone rang.

There was a lot of movement, and before I could stop them, the rascals picked it up.

"Y/N's phone" Thomas sang as he answered it. "Oh, hey, Newt!"

I let my jaw drop and mouthed a clear 'no' at him, but my friend just smirked evilly and faced his back to me.