Chapter 2-Konohagakure

Disclaimer: I own nothing but my oc. Also I want to apologize to the readers who were waiting patiently for the next chapter of this story. My other story "Solar Dragon Slayer" had most of my attention. But now, I will get back to writing. On to the story!!!

.................................

The first thing Ayame became aware of was that her aches and pains had greatly diminished. It actually felt like she'd be able to sit up without hissing in pain. Next she registered that she was warm. She could heard birds chirping and feel the sun's rays on her face. So it had to be day.

 Finally, she stirred and opened her eyes slowly. She found herself in a very comfortable white bed in some kind of room. Looking around, she saw that the room's ceiling was crisscrossed by a bunch of sliver tracks. To her left was a white curtain that hung from the aforementioned tracks, while to her right she saw a square shaped window where light coming from the sun was shone. A small stand for personal effects sat in right next to the bed.

"Where am I?" she wondered aloud.

She never expected an answer.

"You're in Konoha Hospital." The young girl whirled at the sound of the voice and saw a lanky man with only a single visible eye walk through the curtain. The rest of his face was hidden beneath a headband with a metal plate that had a stylized leaf etched into it. He also had a green flack vest on over a black body suit. He also had pouches that clearly had weapons inside. He also appeared to be reading some orange book.

"Who...Who are you?" Ayame asked feeling a little more alert now that her brain was processing again, though she had a feeling she had seen the strange man before.

"I'm Kakashi Hatake" the man answered still not looking up from his book for a minute before turning his single eye to the girl and gave her a closed eye smile. "And I must say, it's a pleasure to meet you, Princess Ayame of the Light Village."

Ayame's eyes widened in shock at the man's sudden knowledge of her name and village. How did he know her? And what did he want?

"H-How do you know my name and village?" she asked aloud, her voice on edge with a hint of fear and anger.

Kakashi looked at her for a moment before replying, "Well to answer the second part of your question, you had the Hikari clan's symbol on the back of your jacket which allowed me to see you were from the Light Village. And for the first part, It was my mission to retrieve you and bring you here for your protection, but it seemed they got to you before I could."

"They...?" Ayame wondered, when her mind suddenly remembered the people who chased after in the woods. The same people who were responsible for the invasion of her village. Because of them, she had lost everything and everyone she held dear to her in one night. Her eyes suddenly became moist from the tears that threatened to fall as she also recalled the bloody screams of the villagers and the blood stains that were almost on every wall. 

Shaking her head to prevent the flashback from surfacing, Ayame quickly wiped her eyes with her hand to stop any tears from falling. She then subconsciously took a hand under her jacket to fiddle with two necklaces she wore around her neck. One she had crafted her self and the other she gotten when she was younger, as well as the only reminder of her parents.

Looking back over at Kakashi, she spoke, "Umm Kakashi, was it?"

Kakashi nodded, "Yes."

"You said I was in Konoha Hospital....Does that mean I'm in Konohagakure?" Ayame asked in curiosity.

Kakashi turned a page into his book, before looking up again, "Indeed it does. Also known as the Leaf Village, and I also like to inform you that you have been in the hospital for nearly two days, though your wounds weren't too serious."