Vier // Four

“Have you seen Mel?” Louis asked Perrie over the loud music. Coloured lights were dancing wildly at the side of his vision, just as much as the people in the club, sweaty, grinding.

“She and Zayn went outside!” She replied loudly before Jade handed her a pink fizzy drink. Her attention towards Louis was gone already by then so she didn’t see the confusion written all over his features.

Either way he looked for the door and soon found it, but his girlfriend and one of his best mates were nowhere to be found. He turned his head, still hearing the thun-thun-thun from inside the club as he heard a female laughter he would recognise everywhere. Frowning he walked around the corner to find Melanie and Zayn leaning against the walls, their faces towards the sky, their shoulders touching lightly and a burning fag between Zayn’s index and middle finger.

“I know you do,” Zayn smiled and took a deep breath after he’d put the cigarette between his lips. For a few seconds they were still and then a big cloud emitted from his lips, forming a cloud above both their heads. “I think it’s kinda cool you were able to stop. I don’t know how to, even though it kind of annoys Perrie. She’s learnt to live with it though.”

“I guess Louis wouldn’t like it either,” Melanie sighed and shrugged, which caused Louis’s brows to furrow in confusion. What were they talking about?

“Does he know you used to smoke?”

Louis choked on nothing but air as he heard Zayn’s question and both their heads snapped in his direction. Melanie smiled sadly and shrugged again, “Well, he didn’t know.”

“Oops,” Zayn said with an apologetic look but Melanie didn’t seem to mind really. “I… I should get back inside. Thanks for joining me.”

Melanie smiled and watched Zayn step onto the half smoked cigarette before he brushed past Louis, not without offering him a smile, and walked back inside. “Are you mad at me?” Melanie asked, biting on her lip as Louis didn’t say anything for a while.

Then the male smiled and shook his head before he walked over to his girlfriend. “No, why would I? Zayn’s my best friend and I love you both – in different ways, but still. Even though Zayn started smoking before I knew him, I wouldn’t be mad at you for smoking because I let him smoke as well.”

“You don’t kiss him though,” she laughed before Louis tilted his head to the side and nodded with a chuckle.

“That’s true, yeah,” he whispered before he leant forward and captured the girls’ lips in a kiss.

Melanie reacted immediately, throwing her arms around the male’s shoulder to press their bodies closer together and she had to stand on her tiptoes to get better access to his lips. His hands held her waist tightly, his finger tips pressing into her skin with just her dress separating their skin. “It tastes horrible, you should know.” Louis looked at her confused, so she spoke on, “Kissing someone who smokes.”

“Wha-?” Louis asked confused, pulling back even a little more. “Did you kiss Zayn?”

“Oh my god!” Melanie laughed and shook her head vigorously. “Of course not, idiot! I would never as long as I’m with you. Well, I probably would never because Zayn’s not my type.”

Louis raised a brow. “I thought Zayn was everyone’s type because he is so beautiful?”

“There’s no point in denying his beauty,” Melanie smiled with a nod of her head, “but he still isn’t my type. I like cute and bubbly and smiley with bright hair and bright eyes and a smile that can light up an entire room. Do you think Niall would forget about Lena if I asked him to?”