Chapter 1 - Suspected

"Why did you call 911 this late?"
That was it. The first thing anyone said to me after I'd seen my sister die in front of me, brutally murdered without a reason. They asked me why I hadn't called the cops. No one told me "I'm sorry for you" or "my condoleances". Nobody cared that I, my heart and my brains had just been broken - no, ripped - in a million pieces. Even that does not accurately describe the amount of pain I'm feeling.
"Well?"
My thoughts were disturbed by a short snarl.
"I have the right to remain silent, don't I?" Was my answer to that, and nobody spoke another word for the final part of the ride.

~

"Young lady, I bet you're smart enough to understand you are in ex-tuh-reme trouble! Yes yes, you blew it!" Shocked I stare at my lawyer. Wasn't he supposed to make me feel secure? Safe? Like I was in good hands? There was no one in this world that felt like this. No one in this world supported me. I was on my own, I had concluded that earlier. I thought all of that in a simple nod.
"Guh-reat, then we can get started! Yes, yes!" "What a weirdo" I whispered maybe slightly too hard, because a mere second later my so-called lawyer was cussing at me, even without saying 'yes yes' one time: "stupid, stupid girl. If you want me to be a good liar for you, so you don't have to spend the rest of your miserable life in jail, just do as i say, yes yes?" The way he was speaking was disconcerning.
"What are you talking about? Why would you have to lie?"
"Moron. Your 'I'm-cute-and-sweet-amd-couldn't-even-hurt-a-fly' act doesn't work on me. You and me both know you killed your own sister in cold blood, yes yes, right?"
A dark cloud filled with anger started to form above my head. I felt the first little raindrops of hate splashing against my face in a slow pace. I thought I could control it. But only moments later hell broke loose. Hate, anger, disgust: they all washed over me. They invaded my skin and before I knew I was drenched in bad emotions. For some reason, I didn't scream or fight. I cried. I cried and cried until my lips tasted salty after my tears and it felt like hours had passed. I cried all the bad feeling out of my body. The stress, the fear, the anger mostly. It was then I could finally realise I had seen my sister die and I was the only suspect for her murder. The cops, my lawyer, the entire world thinks I killed my sister. I couldn't hear anything the people around me were saying anymore, or at least I didn't answer them. Never in my life had I felt so horrible. It felt like I was falling. The fear of crushing to death existed until you'd reached the bottom. Falling, falling, falling, deeper into the darkness that was my soul. No voice to call for help, no strength to hold on. And everything got black...

~

"I knew she couldn't handle it, yes yes!" I heard my annoying lawyer say. "She can't lie good enough, no no, passed out because of the pressure, yes yes."
So apparently I passed out. I tried to open my eyes but I was still too weak. A woman joined the conversation. "Poor kid, so confused. Please don't make her go to jail, Charles. Just... Put her in a crazyhouse or something!" Her voice was sweet like sugar. "That's okay, right?" She asked, "was that convincing?" "Yes yes, Britney, you are a very convincing liar. No one would ever suspect that you..."
"CHARLES! What if someone is tapping this conversation? We'll talk later." And with a soft 'dumbass' I heard her footsteps disappear into the distance. I fell asleep again and woke up in a cell.
"Hello? Anyone? Please get me out of here!" I yelled. I grabbed two of the big metal spikes and shook them. A fat cop with short blond hair walked towards me. He said: "can't, orders." "Bu-" "I've got a taser!" He screamed as he made a fast twist and his fat bulked up and down. "I'm not dangerous", I said, "I want to go home. Or to my parents. Or even to school! Just anywhere but here." I dropped down to the ground. He left and came back a few minutes later. "You're lucky, your interrogation starts now." And in what seemed like 10 seconds I got pulled out of my cell roughly and put into an interrogation room.