n i n e

CHAPTER NINE( WATCH )

CHAPTER NINE
( WATCH )

     "WHERE AM I SLEEPING?" I ask Chuck, staring at the small boy.

"On the ground," He answers in a solid tone, not fazed by my question. "Don't worry, your highness, we have sleeping bags."

"Shut up, Chuck," I roll my eyes. "I've slept on the ground before."

"Yeah, like last night," He giggles, in his same girly voice. "We caught you cuddling with a tree."

"I wasn't cuddling a tree." I pick up a pillow, and whack him with it. "I was just . . . exploring, and I happened to fall asleep next to the tree."

"Yeah, right," He says sarcastically. "Cause everyone goes 'exploring' into the Deadheads."

"What's a Deadhead?" Thomas asks. I turn to him, realizing that he's behind me.

"Urrr . . . " I look to the ground. "It- it's a-"

"It's a burial sight for the shanks that get themselves killed," Chuck replies, staring at the fire in front of him.

"Chuck!" I hiss. "Can you not?"

"You're sleeping on the ground," He scrunches his nose up, and narrows his eyes, his finger pointing in my direction.

"Stop being a creeper." I cross my arms over my chest. "I know I'm sleeping on the ground. You don't have to point it out. Literally."

"You're a creeper," He sticks his tongue out at me.

"You might want to keep that tongue in your mouth. The next time it exits your lips, I'm cutting it off." I smirk. "Now, you can have my bed for the night. Tell Newt and Minho that I said so."

"Really?" His eyes light up.

"Yes, Chuck." I smile. "I'm serious. Now go."

After I finish, he runs off in the direction of the Homestaed, a grin plastered on his face. I chuckle, pulling my knees to my chest, and sitting my chin on my knees.

"You have a special relationship with Chuck," Thomas stares at me.

"Yeah." I say softly. "He's a good kid. He understands me."

"Seems like it," He nudges my shoulder. "He looks up to you."

"I don't know about that." I shrug. "But he's been here for me ever since I got to the Glade. He seems to be the only kid that cares for me."

"Other than Newt." Thomas adds. I look over to him with a raised eyebrow.

"What now?"

"Newt obviously cares for you." Thomas states. "He defended you when that leader guy was on your case."