14. A Real Friend

Omg sorry for leaving you guys hanging on that last update lol.

Minhyuk's P.O.V

    I couldn't eat lunch anymore, not if Eunwoo was sitting at the lunch table. I felt embarrassed. I wanted to show Areum that I really liked her, and wanted to make thigs official, but it all went wrong instead.

    "Hey, what's wrong with you?" Sanha asked. MJ was with him too.

    "Didn't Eunwoo say anything about it?" I asked.

    "Oh, so the rumors were true," MJ said. "This was all about Areum?"

    "This isn't fair," I said. "I saw her first. I have been nice to her since the first day. She has trusted me with her life story. She was a real friend, but I guess her eyes looked somewhere else."

    "I'm sorry for your loss," Sanha said, sitting next to me. MJ sat on the other side next to me.

    "Hey, there are many other girls to choose from, right?" MJ said. I knew that he was trying to cheer me up.

    "Yeah there are many to choose from. But none of them compare to Areum."

    I was real upset. I cried earlier, and skipped my first class. The girl that made me so happy, is making me suffer. Yet, I knew that I couldn't give up on her. And I wouldn't.

    "So what are you going to do now?" Sanha asked me.

    "I don't know, but I know that I will try harder," I said.

    "Try harder?" MJ questioned.

    "Just because she likes Eunwoo doesn't mean I don't have a chance."

    "It kinda does mean you have no chance though," MJ said.

    "Ya, you're not helping," Sanha snapped at MJ.

    "No, he's right. But if I really want her, I have to prove it," I said.

***Meanwhile

Eunwoo's P.O.V

    I saw Areum from across the cafeteria, and I couldn't stop thinking about her. I couldn't stop staring either.

    "So, Areum confessed?" Jinwoo asked for the fourth time.

    "Apparently she likes me. But I can't tell if it was in my defense or if she really meant it," I replied.

    "This is getting intense," Moonbin chuckled. "But why did you start something. Especially with Minhyuk. You guys are good friends."

    "I don't know. Something inside me didn't like it when he held her hand, or touched her at all. I know he confessed to her, even kissed her... but actually seeing it was different," I explained.

    "Well, you got a pretty good looking bruise on your face," Jinwoo said.

    "It was worth it," I muttered.

***Meanwhile

Areum's P.O.V

    I took a seat at the lunch table with Mi Young.

    "Tell me everything," she said eagerly.

    "Minhyuk and Eunwoo fought," I said.

    "What was it about?" she asked.

    "Me."

    "OMO! You even have two boys from the Astro group fight for you? You would be considered lucky."

    "I feel like it's all my fault that this happened. Minhyuk could have hurt Eunwoo really bad, but I stopped him."

    "How did you hold him back? Did you hit him?"

    "No. I said that I like Eunwoo."

    "YOU LIKE EUNWOO?!"

    "Not like that. I said it so that he would stop. I couldn't think of another way to stop him. But now that I think of it, I think I hurt his feelings."

    "Yeah, that's pretty bad. Minhyuk seemed to have really liked you. Maybe he still does. Who knows? Maybe he won't give up."

    "I don't know Mi Young. I still want to be his friend. He is so nice to me and all. Eunwoo too, but I hope that he didn't get the wrong idea."

    Mi Young and I changed the subject, and kept eating our lunch. I glanced over at the Astro table and didn't see Minhyuk, MJ, or Sanha. I only saw Eunwoo staring right my direction.

***

    I headed back to the classroom after lunch.

    Someone grabbed me from behind and dragged me into the girls' restroom. It was Mina and Ji Hyun.

    "You bitch," Ji Hyun said through gritted teeth and pulled my hair. "Thanks to you, Eunwoo is hurt. If you never came to this school, none of this would have happened."

    "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen, I swear I haven't done anything wrong," I said, tearing up.

    "Just die already," Mina growled, pushing me against the wall. "You might as well leave. No one wants you here."

    Ji Hyun opened her water bottle and splashed it on my face.

    "You're such a waste," Mina laughed. I sat on the bathroom floor, hiding my face as I cried, and they laughed with joy.

    "What do you think you're doing?!" I heard a girl shout at them. It was Mi Young. She ran up to me, and helped me up.

    "Get out! Find something better to do!" Mi Young shouted at them.

    "If you only you could see what a snake she is," Ji Hyun told Mi Young.

    "Yeah if only. But the only one that I have seen was you," Mi Young said, with an arm around me, guiding me back outside to the hallway.

    She took me to her locker and she pulled out a paper towel, and handed it to me.

    "It's okay. Don't let them get to you. You're too pretty to be crying," Mi young said. I dried my face and my shirt from the water they splashed on me.

    "What are you doing this?" I asked Mi Young.

    "Because I don't want to be like them. I know you haven't done anything wrong, so what's the point in doing the same? And you're a good friend, so I have to look out for you a lot more."

    "I'm sorry you have to do this," I said, throwing away the paper towel.

    "It's no big deal. We should go get coffee after school," she said, cheering me up.

    "Okay," I agreed.

    "Okay, now let's go so you're not late for class."

Vote and comment for more!

K