§23§: Emotions

{ Jason in MultiMedia }

Tyla

   "Wait no!" I say as he picks me up and then the doorbell rings.

   I try to wiggle out of his arms but he got a goo' grip on me. He opens up the door and two police officers stand outside the door, and he looks very familiar. I felt like I knew him from somewhere. But I can't remember where. Christan puts me down.

   "Um is everything okay officers?" I asked.

   The policeman puts his head down.

   "Can we come in?" The policewoman asks.

   I nod and let them both in. They both walk in and sat on the couch and I asked them if they wanted anything to drink.

   "Can we help you guys with anything?" Christan asks.

   The policeman takes a sip of his pink lemonade and stares at me.

   "Tyla, you prolly ont' rememba me but I was da' officer who took care of you, until my boss thought it was best fa yhu ta be in a foster home than in a house wit one of your family membas." I was confused but that accent.

   "Wait your Jason?" I asked slowly.

   He nods.

   "Which dhet officer dhet took you in, I happen ta be your uncle and yo' ma, happens ta be my little sista. But thas wat I wanted ta talk ta you bout, is your ma," he says handing me a flie.

   As I slowly opened it up, my heart immediately dropped. 

   "What's going on?" I said as I felt my eyes began to water but I refused to cry out of hurt. Instead I was angry and confused.

   Jason looks at the policewoman and she nods to him and kissed him on the lips, gives a weak smile and walked out my door.

   He runs his hands down his face before facing me. "Ty, I have some good news and bad news," he says slowly. I was quiet but he continued. "Umm how do I say dis," he says before taking a deep breath. "I'm sorry Ty but... your ma was sentenced ta four convicted years in prison. Back in 2008. Meaning she was released from the prison a year ag--" I cut him off.

   "Wait what... T-that can't be!" I slurred as I started to pace around the dining room.

   "Sobrina... I'm so sorry. I wish I could've known about this sooner. But na were searching fa ha, we know a mental place. Well my girlfriend Natalia knows but I'm having ha track down every facility in Georgia," he explains.

   I gave a weak smile and I grabbed his hand. "I may not know buh I remember you. That night when the police took me and my little brothers away. I had no idea what was going on. But now I thankyou so much for putting yourself through so much finding my mother and your sister," I said calmly.

   "Baybehgirl I'm juss doing my job," he says giving me a small smile. "Maybe going extreme, yes, but dis your mother...my sister... is on our hands here. Baybeh I promise I will do everythin' in my power to find ha fa you. That's how much I care bout you from tha day I first saw you."

   I was confused. "First saw me?"

  "Look we'll exchange stories anotha time, but we will keep in touch," he says grabbing a card out his pocket. "Dis is my card call tha first numba not tha fax numba, okay?" he says standing up.

   I nod and I stand up. He hugs me tightly and wipes a tear that fell from my cheek, and headed towards the door. Then I start to scrunch my eyebrows, starting to wonder. What about my brothers?

   "You 'iight?" Christan asked holding me.

   I nodded slowly.