Chapter 58

Katniss's P.O.V

What's going on? Where am I?

I open my eyes see that I am back in District 12. I laying on my bed. I sit up, looking around. Nothing seems to have changed. But I should be back at the arena, fighting for my life.

I get off the bed and walk out the bedroom door. I walk down the hallway, wondering where everyone is.

I knock on Alyssa's door, wondering if she is in there. No answer. I walk in and see boxes everywhere. Some of her things are in them. Confused, I look around the room some more. Everything else seems to be normal, except the boxes.

I walk out of the room and go to Matthew's room. I knock on his door, and there is no answer. I walk in and see that there are boxes in here too. What is going on?

I walk out of the room and go to the kitchen. Everything here seems to be fine. No boxes in here.

I head to the living room and everything is normal here. I go back to my bedroom and notice something that I didn't see earlier. More boxes.

Some of Peeta's stuff is in them. I kneel down next to a box and look through it. Nothing unusual is in it. Just some of his clothes.

I get up and look around the room. Nothing. I walk over to a window that is in my room and look out. Everything is normal.

I hear the phone ringing in the living room. I head into the living room. I have just missed the call. Then, I hear someone leaving a voicemail. It's Haymitch.

I immediately pick up the phone and push a button to call him. "Haymitch! What is going on? Haymitch! Haymitch!?" I say, hearing nothing on the other line.

I hang up the phone. That was weird. The phone rings again. I answer it. "Hello?" I say.

"Katniss? Katniss?!" I hear a very familiar voice say. It can't be.

"Prim?" I ask softly.

"Save me, Katniss!" She yells. "Katniss!"

The phone is gone. The house is gone. I'm back in the arena. But not the 4th Quarter Quell arena. The 3rd Quarter Quell arena.

"Katniss!" Prim's voice calls out.

"Prim?" I say. Then, I see a black bird land on a tree branch. This can't be. "A jabberjay."

"Katniss!" Prim's voice shouts.

"Not again." I whisper. "Not again."

I run away from the jabberjay. I keep running and don't look back. Then, I see Matthew. He is holding his stomach. He looks at me, then looks down.

I walk over to him. I see something dark on his hands. Then, he shows his hands. Blood. Blood from the wound on his stomach.

"Run." He whispers. Then, he just disappears. Run? I think.

I turn around and see Camille standing there. There is blood all over her and she is holding a katana. And she has a wicked smile on her face.

"You were right to not trust me." She says.

"Why did you kill him? I thought you loved him?" I ask, shocked.

"You know me. I'm the Lethal Killer. I kill for the hell of it." She says. "Luckily, you're next."

She lunges and stabs me with her katana. Or so I think. The scenery changes to a forest. The forest in District 12.

"There you are, Katnip." I hear a voice say. I turn around and see Gale there. Katnip was his little nickname for me.

"Gale?" I say, confused. This is really weird.

"What's wrong? You don't look okay." He says.

"Gale, this has been a strange..." I start to say, but stop when I see a familiar blonde come up from behind him. "Look out!"

Right when in say this, Gale is impaled by a katana. Gale falls to the ground. I look at Camille with disgust and horror. "What are you doing?!" I yell.

"What I have to." She simply says.

Then, everything turns dark. I hear loud music playing. Tracker jacker venom. I think to myself. That was all a dream.

I open my eyes and see Peeta's face in the sky. Then, darkness surrounds me again, pulling me into a dreamless sleep.