Hearing and Loss

Azalea woke up, still bounded by chakra ropes made of water, the wind rushing through the air in quick motions. She quickly figured out that she was being moved and her mouth was now covered, so she began lashing around, trying to make the stranger holding her drop her.

"Hey, kid! Stop movin'!" the man shouted as he came to a sudden, skidding stop, the rest doing the same. He dropped Azalea onto the ground and turned around, facing a familiar figure.

"Let her go," the voice that would always be familiar to Azalea demanded calmly.

Itachi!

Ka chuckled and shook his head, "Nah, kid, boss'll beat our asses."

"Then we'll fight," Itachi replied, going into his battle stance as he activated his Sharingan.

Ka did the same, his men following his actions. Izu made the first move, he moved both his right foot and left foot to where he was angled at a sideways angle, holding his hands out towards the intruder as visible sound waves rang out from both them and his feet.

Itachi managed to use his chakra to at least muffle the blow the sharp sound would do to his ears.

Azalea was not as fortunate, despite her scrambling to gather up the chakra, she didn't have the time to do so before the sound waves reached her, the man being somewhere behind her. The result was her ears ringing loudly in her head with no other sounds going through. She could feel the sticky hotness of what was most likely blood come down the sides of her face and her ears hurt so much it was blinding. The Uchiha girl cried out, whimpering as her ears continued to hurt while she curled up into a ball, coughing blood. Her lungs felt compressed, as if her ribs were now smashing them down instead of protecting. It was so overwhelming that it almost caused her to pass out, but she was pouring her chakra into not doing so, her desperation taking over her logic.

Itachi, during all of this, kept his attention focused on the three men in front of him. He made some signs and formed a jutsu, which involved fire. Lots and lots of fire. He took in a deep breath and, his chest out like a proud bird, spat out multiple small but life-threatening fireballs at them. The ravenette then seemed to disappear and reappear behind the far back left man. Itachi, feeling rather provoked and determined to get Azalea, used a kunai to slit his throat and went over to the Uchiha girl, guarding her body as he tried to keep an eye on the other two men flanking him on either side.

Ka, the Uchiha-looking one, smirked and threw several shurikens at the boy, distracting him enough for the kidnapper to form his own jutsu. He made two small tornadoes made out of whirlpools of gallons of water and sent them to him.

The prodigy grabbed Azalea and jumped out of the way, running from the remaining strangers back to the village to the Hokage's office. He wasn't one for fights, despite his skillfulness. His pacifist side tried to avoid them if he can, and, not only that, he had to get Azalea to safety.

••••••

Itachi arrived at the office, setting Azalea down and forcing the glass sliding doors to open, then picked her up and went in. He shut the door and blocked it with a chair., followed by a chakra seal. The Uchiha then put Azalea down and began working on the chakra ropes, taking about a half an hour to cut through each one.

"Itachi...?" she inquired in a particularly loud voice, confused as to how she got here.

"You okay?" he replied at a normal level, to which Azalea gave him a confused look, her eyebrows furrowed together. "What?" he asked, also confused.