The Van Allen's vs Killer Clowns

>EVERYBODY LOVES A CLOWN<

"I can't remember the last time I was at a carnival," Dean grinned as he let his eyes sweep around all the different attractions

"I can't remember the last time I was at a carnival," Dean grinned as he let his eyes sweep around all the different attractions. About an hour ago, Karoline and Dean had split off from Alayna and Sam to cover more ground.

"1996," Karoline answered and Dean turned to look at her. "It was Alayna's eleventh birthday, and we went to go see the 'Ringling Bros'. She had a horrible time." Karoline added with a slight laugh as she remembered Alayna crying her eyes out when she accidentally pissed off these two Dwarves and they chased her out of the tent.

"Really?" Dean rose his eyebrows at her.

"I mean, you could've gone again," She shrugged, pausing in her step to turn to him. "There was that 7-8 year gap, so..." Dean laughed. A comfortable silence fell over them as they continued down the path.

Dean caught her arm, pulling her to a stop with a smirk, "Maybe I should win one of those things," Karoline turned to see what he was looking at to see one of those little carnival games, a dozen stuffed animals hung on the wall.

"Are you serious?" Karoline let out a disbelieving laugh.

Dean grinned back, "Yeah, come on, tell me you don't want one of those giant bears. Girls love giant stuffed bears." He turned to head for it, but Karoline caught his arm, making him turn back to face her.

Karoline shook her head, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," He smirked, but it dropped at the serious look Karoline had.

"I'm serious. You've been acting... strange ever since..." She trailed off, not wanting to finish the sentence.

"Go on, say it." Karoline sighed, dropping her hands from his arm as he egged her on.

"Ever since John died," Karoline bit her lip as he looked away from her, grabbing his trash poker from where he had set it down.

"I'm fine, Kare," he brushed off her concern, picking up a piece of trash.

"Are you?" She challenged, and he met her eyes again and his were dark and empty.

"Yes," He answered shortly, making his way over to the dumpster.

"Don't walk away from me," Karoline caught his arm, making him turn back to face her again. What she didn't count on was how close their faces were. "You can talk to me, you know that, right? Whatever it is... you can talk to me." She repeated with conviction, her voice quiet.

"Yeah." His voice was just as quiet, his eyes dropping to her lips briefly. A loud ringing broke them out of their trance and Karoline immeadiatly let go of his arm and took a step back. Dean cleared his throat as he pulled out his phone, flipped it open and pressed it to his ear. "Hello?" He answered. Slowly a smirk pulled at his lips, at whatever Sam had said. "What's the matter? You sound like you just saw a clown," Dean chuckled into the phone and Karoline frowned. It was almost as if what had just happened never did. "Like a real, human skeleton?" Dean asked, and Karoline's eyes snapped up to him. "Hold on." He pulled his phone away from his ear and pressed the speaker button. "Say that again."