| 1 | ,,, a distraction

I sighed and stared at the massive paper work in front of me. Plus, I had a new defendant coming in 15 minutes. Most likely he'd be in here for 45 minutes while we talked about everything. Then I had to go through his case alone and then-

"I should just make Jake do this." I mumbled to myself, tucking my hair behind my ear. My best friend Harold told me that I should dye my hair to relax myself so I did. Now, it was a strawberry blonde like candy and I liked it but it wasn't what I needed to fill the growing void in me. What I needed was a relationship. I'd barley had a real relationship since I was fifteen and even then I didn't believe in love. It was sweet then, my innocence, now it was crippling. My thoughts were cut off by a knock on my door. I lifted my head, curious as to who was behind the door.

"Come in." I called, lifting my hands and pulling my hair back into a low ponytail. My least favorite hair style but the least provocative. I leaned back in my chair and sat up straight as a man came in. Just looking at this man I could feel my lady parts starting to tingle. He was tall, pale-and interesting contrast to my tan skin-and sexy. His face wasn't wide or narrow it was in between. He wasn't bulging with muscles but you could tell they were there. Black hair tumbled down his head, brushing against his shoulders. His jawline was fierce and yet there was something feminine about him. Something pretty.

"Are you Lawyer Xiama?" He asked, his voice husky, deep and provoking. I crossed my legs, trying not to let that get to me. His eyes seemed to be eating me up. Devouring me. And I was dressed in a white turtle neck, although my legs were very clearly exposed. It was because I lived not too far away and my neck seemed to be a lot more sensitive than my legs.

"This is a Firm. So, yes." I said, examining what he was wearing. Simple jeans and a black t-shirt. He seemed young in so many ways, yet at the same time it felt as though he were the same age as me. I crossed my hands over each other on my lap, a way to try and ease my nervousness at the appearance of this stranger. It felt like I desperately wanted to kiss this man, which didn't make any sense. Even the innocent ones have done something. As a lawyer I know that best. Yet, this unknown man was drawing me in.  He leaned in then, and my eyes fell to his Adam's apple.

How the hell could one thing be so sexy?

I swallowed and moved my eyes back up to meet his. Unaware of the effect he was having on me he nodded and said three words that made my skin tingle and my thighs clench: "I need you."

"For what?" I asked and he nodded. He examined my desk for a moment. From the stack of papers to the tiny file on the client that was due in ten minutes.

"To defend me." He said, and I felt my body stiffen slightly and then relax. Of course. An attractive guy could never just be an attractive guy. I sighed and nodded, glancing at the clock behind him. I was starving right now. I decided to skip breakfast this morning. I was an idiot.

"Do you have your case information?" I asked, and he lifted a hand. I watched as he rested it on the file on my desk that was about the client I was about to see.

"I do believe that should be it."

I stared at him for a moment. This was Richard? This was him? The person being charged of sexual assault? I swallowed nervously and then nodded again.

Fuck.

My hands clenched in my lap as once again my eyes found his Adam's apple. So desperately did I want to run my hands along that. Wait-what was I saying- you can't be with someone who possibly commuted sexual assault.

"Ok, well, Richard-"

"Richie."

"Richie. You're five minutes early."