| 3 | ,,, questions

"So, tell me everything. Start from the beginning" We were in my office, which was how I wanted it. He sat across from me, and I ignored the slight bulge of his muscles.

"Well, it all started about 7 months ago. I was eating this woman out behind a bar when—"

"Wait I'm sorry you were what?"

"I was eating this woman out behind a bar about a year...ago and when I was done she said she wanted to be my sugar mommy. So, I let her. She's how I met the woman suing me now."

"Where did you meet?"

"Some party full of entertainers. She asked for my number so I gave it to her and here we are. Listen, this is a waste of time. She has a crazy amount of money. It doesn't matter if I'm innocent..." his eyes dropped to the new succulent I had beside my nameplate "Or if I'm not."

I chose to ignore the last part and jotted down the relevant parts of his statement. A party full of entertainers. I was going to have to interview a few of them and hope that whatever they saw helped our defense.

"So, who were you before you met this woman accusing you of sexual assault? It would help a lot if you were a good boy, Richie."

"Well, first of all Richard is my cover name but I want you to call me Leo--"

"Leo? Richard is a cover name?"

"Yes, I changed it a long time ago."

"Ok. Leo."

"That's the point, and no I was not a 'good boy'. I had a troubled upbringing. I broke multiple laws many times. Theres no way for you to know this though as my record is sealed."

"Ok. Is this woman that you were...with still your sugar mommy?"

"No, she let me go because of the woman."

"Right. Who is this woman anyway? What is her name?"

"Pricilla Evans III. You may have heard of her?"

I had.

"Ok. Now, did you attend college?"

"For a few semesters."

"What happened?"

"My dad died and I dropped out." He was now rubbing his thumb over a stone with his elbows on his thighs and a certain look in his eye.

"Ok, well is there a mentor whose number you could give me?"

"Maybe. I'll email you." I paused, looking up from my quickly jotted notes. Maybe? I watched for a moment. He was lacking the desperation most of my clients had when they came in. Where was it? Had he just accepted his fate in a cell? Honestly, he wouldn't have to stay for too long depending on the severity of her claims.

"Do you care about this case, Leo? You could be sent away for years depending on how much she spent on her lawyers."

"Yes, Xiama. I do care. I just..." He raised his eyes and met my own. With his eyes fixed on my own he rose slowly and walked around the desk.

"What the hell are you doing?" I muttered. I wanted to move back but this was my office.

"You're distracting me Xiama."

"What?" He placed his hands on the arm rests on my chair and leaned down towards me. He moved with ease. I could've moved back at any moment but I didn't and he noticed. He placed his lips over my own.

He kissed me passionately at first, but slowly when I started really kissing him back his kisses got more intense. He gripped my bun and yanked my head back. I gasped, realizing what had happened but as soon as I had realized he had crouched down between my legs. Quickly, he gripped the waist line of my skirt but before he could get any farther I lifted my right foot and pressed the bottom of my heel into his chest, pushing him back slightly. My hair fell from its bun and rested on my shoulders.

"You have to stop kissing me without my consent or I'll drop you. A sane lawyer would've dropped you after the first day, but you pay well. The more you kiss me the more I lose the resolve to defend you and more likely you are to rot behind bars. So, stop."

Silence fills the room for a few moments.

"So you're saying I can kiss you with your consent."

I sigh, hardening my gaze and tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Fine, I would never consent to a client however. You need to drop this whole stand thing you've got going on in your head. This is my job, Leo. It's not a game."

I can't read his eyes. There's something in them I just can't read it. He gently grabs my foot and pulls my heel off his chest. He rises, and let's go of my foot.

"Ok, I apologize." He says, sitting back down in the leather chair.

I sighed, feeling relieved. He was finally thinking clearly. Now, we could focus just on his face.

"And as apart of my apology I'm going to take you somewhere we can talk."

For a moment I thought about bashing his head on my desk and throwing away the money I would get from working his case but I quickly came to the conclusion that he was bigger than me and that just wouldn't go well for anyone.

I closed my eyes and exhaled for a moment. Then I opened them and forced a smile.
"Where, exactly, would you like to go?"

He smirked at me and rose from the seat. "Let's go and you'll see."