L

Jene bobbed her head to the smooth sound of The Internet's Under Control as she helped her mom paint her room from a plain cream to a light lilac.

It looks pretty good she thought as her mom put the finishing touches on the ceiling.

Jene

God I never thought painting could be so hard how does Teresa do it. I thought to myself. Grabbing my phone off the the cream carpet I saw I had 2 missed messages from June and grandma.

Me and June had been bestfriend every since we were little,being the only girls inppp our studio who shared the same love for contemporary. While other girls were worried about ballet and being graceful ,we were learning to be more flexible and fluid. And after our first class together ,at 11 years old, we justed clicked.

Hows the painting coming send me a pic😝!!!

I took a quick snap of the room sending it to June and quickly left as paint fumes filled my lunges. While replying to my grandma's text, I walked to my brother's room down the hall before knocking and entering without permission.

"Whatcha want?" My brother,Peyton, said not looking up from his phone.

"Did you know that grandma is texting now?"I asked him sitting on his bed while going through my tumblr feed.

He nodded his head before frowning." She just asked me what is an irl." He answered swiveling around in his computer chair to face me.

"Are you excited for your first day at Bankview high?"he asked going into his closet.

"Of course! me,June,and,Teresa have been waiting for this transfer for like five years!"

Once me and June became friends at dance she introduced me to her other friends from school,but because we lived in differnt districs of town we didn't go to the same school and could only talk at dance or on the phone. However this year my mom transfered her job from the east to the west just so me and Peyton could go to school with our friends.

"Yeah me and Casper are pretty pumped too ,we can finally play on the same basketball team."Peyton said coming out of his closet while putting on his Lebrons. He then grabed his keys and walked out of his room.

"Wait!! Where are you going?" I yelled after him.

"To Sweet Frog, if you coming better come!!" He yelled from down stairs.

I raced to my room where everything was just pushed towards the middle, away from the wall, looking for my shoes. Once I found some black convers I quickly put them on then ran to the bathroom for my glasses. Looking in the mirror I caught a glimpse of my highwaisted jean shorts and white top with little flicks of lilac paint on them. Contemplating on wither I should change, I chose not to since Peyton has a record of leaving me. Cutting off the light, I rushed downstairs, stoping in the kitchen to grab my wallet and kiss mom on the cheek, telling her we'er going to Sweet Frog and will be back for dinner. I opened the front door hearing an "OK" from her and hopped into Peyton's green jeep wrangler.

5 minutes later

The cold air hit my face as me and Peyton entered Sweet Frog.

"Do you know what you want?" I asked Peyton who was still on his phone, proably texting Casper. Without an answer I went up to the yogurt cups leaving him behind. I made my yogurt with 4 different flavors plus some carmel and twix pieces. After I paid for my yogurt and saw my brother finished paying for his I skipped back to his car waiting for him to unlock it, once he did we both rode back home.

5 minutes later

The smell of tacos feeled my nose as we walked back into the house and straight to the kitchen to see my mom stirring a big skillet of ground meat.

Yes god I thought inhaling the heavenly scent.

"Honey go take a shower, dinners almost ready ohh and I already put all your stuff back in place in your room." My mom said while checking the taco shells in the oven.

"Okie dokie mama." I said going up the stairs to my room to check and see how mom had put everything back. Once I saw that everything was fine I went to my drawers to get a pair of shorts and a shirt. I walked down the hall and turned on the light in the bathroom before turning on the warm water. After I took off my clothes and stepped into the shower I used my winter candy apple shower gel and Au Natural co-wash lathering the conditioner into my hair. Coming out the steamy bathroon with a shirt on my head I rushed to my room to do a quick twist out on my hair. About 8 twist and 3 tacos later I was happily sitting on the couch watching A Walk To Remember with mom,and Peyton.

"Oh my god don't tell him your sick!!" Cried Peyton clutching a tissue to his chest. For a 6'5 basketball player he can be real emotion.

"Oh will you hush up this is my part!" Mom said while also clutching a tissue.

"I 'm going to-"

"SSSHHHH!!" They both loudly whispered as I got up and stretched. Walking out the living room and to my room I checked the time.

9:59p.m.

Wow its that late I thought cutting off the light in my room. Plugging up my phone on my desk I set an alarm for 6:45a.m. so I could go for a jog without worrying if anybody was awake.

Well at least my day was eventful and soon I'll be a junior. Were my last thoughts before laying my head on the pillow.

______________________________________
Hey guys!!!🤓🤓 this is my first story and I really want it to be good so if you already checked this out I love and appreciate you and if you have any writing tips dont be afraid to speak up!!! No hate just love peace😎✌ That's Jene(Gene)Black up above!