chapter two

Harry

The first thing I noticed about her was her lips, as weird as it sounds. They were so pink, so full and beautiful.

The next thing I noticed about her was her eyes. A beautiful blue with specks of gold.

All in all, she was absolutely beautiful. Breathtaking, actually. So beautiful that it stunned me. Her skin was like porcelain, smooth and flawless. Her hair, a light brown, was gathered all into a bun on top of her head. Her beauty was natural and real. So effortless.

Though she seemed a bit irritated by my presence, I couldn't help but want to talk to her, just to hear her voice. It was so smooth, like butter. Her words flowed together like music.

Of course I've come across many beautiful women in my life, but somehow this one sitting next to me was the one I was drawn to from the start.

I watched as she brought her legs up in a criss-cross position, and pulled the complementary blankets onto her lap, adjusting the pillow her head was rested on before shutting her eyes.

I pulled my stare away from her and pulled out my headphones, sticking each one in the corresponding ears hoping that the music would drown out my thoughts. I shut my eyes and let the music consume me, though that didn't last long as a flight attendant comes over and taps me lightly on the shoulder. I open my eyes and look up at her, pulling out my earphones and pausing the music.

"Sorry to bother, Mr. Styles." She smiles sheepishly.

"Harry." I say first. "And no worries."

"What would you like for your dinner course tonight, Mr. - uh, Harry?" She asks, her cheeks pinking slightly.

"Erm - what are the choices?" I ask.

"Oh! Of course... sorry." She blushes again and I smile in attempt to comfort her and make her less nervous. "Um, we have chicken and rice, or roast beef. Not the best choices..." She lowers her voice. "But there's always the first class food. We can always provide you with that... no extra charge of course." She kindly offers.

"That's very kind. The chicken is fine. Thank you." I smile, and attempt to put the ear bud back in my ear.

"Are you sure? The first class provides steak, and - "

"Chicken is fine, really." I assure her.

"Okay. Of course." She smiles, her face defeated the slightest bit. I watch as her eyes wander to the sleeping woman next to me and she hesitates, her eyes darting between me and her. Shifting my body slightly, I hesitantly lay a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey... Miss..." I whisper. She inhales suddenly, shifting uncomfortably. "Sorry... I didn't mean to startle you..." I say.

"It's uh... it's fine." She frowns, exhaust written on her face. Sitting up straighter, she smiles at the flight attendant.

"Hi... sorry to wake you Miss. I just need your choice for dinner tonight. We have chicken with rice or roast beef."

"Um the - "

"There's also steak." I blurt. "If you want, of course." I knew it wasn't an option for her, but it seemed unfair to offer it to me and not her even though we were both not in first class.

"Um - " The flight attendant tries to interrupt. "Sorry but that's a first class - "

"I was just gonna order the chicken... thanks." She smiles awkwardly.

"Oh. Erm - yeah. That's... yeah." I awkwardly look down.

"Chicken, then." The flight attendant says, looking a bit irritated. She puts two meals on each of our trays and I look at it.