After

Her parent's alarm went off at 6.45 the next morning, just under three hours after Amelia ended her short life. As her mother opened her door to wake her up, she screamed so loud she must have alerted the whole neighbourhood. Amelia's father ran to see the commotion, and he was speechless. A flood of tears rushed from their eyes as they stood frozen in Amelia's doorway. They called the ambulance and when they arrived, they took her to hospital, only to find out that there was no way of bringing Amelia back to life.

Amelia's mother held the note shakily in her hands. She didn't want to read it aloud, but with every sentence, she cried more and more. Under her breath, she whispered "my poor Amelia, I love you, I need you back, I'm going to miss you more than you will imagine'. Her father informed the school, and during a whole school assembly, this note was given out. Many of her old friends cried for days, and her ex boyfriend blamed himself. He thought that he should have helped her when she needed it, and not left her. To speak the truth, everyone thought that. They all missed her terribly.

​ A memorial was put up in her school. 'In Memory of Amelia Star. She Will Be Missed' it read, and underneath, anyone who knew her had written a note. If she could see this, Amelia knew this was all fake. These people had left her, they can't pretend to be there now.

3 weeks later, Amelia's funeral took place. As requested, all of Amelia's ex-best-friends and her ex-boyfriend were in amongst the crowd of her family. Every single one of them was grieving. They now, in a way, understood how she felt when they had all left her. Amelia's mother spoke first. In her eulogy, she said how if her apparent best friends didn't leave her, she would still be there, with them. One by one, her family and friends came up to her casket to say goodbye. On the cold, pale body, large purple bruises were tattooing her neck from where the noose suffocated her, and her arms were covered with small white scars from her blade, and one, huge, gash down the inside of her forearm, and even though no blood would ever seep through that cut, it still looked ghastly and people looked at Amelia's body with such a sadness it would make anyone's heart shatter into a million pieces.

Two months after her death, most people had forgotten about Amelia. Her mother would still bring flowers to her grave every Sunday but her family wouldn't mention the tragedy ​at all- it was too depressing for them. Occasionally, her ex-friend's would visit her grave and apologise over and over again. but that wouldn't bring her back. Her ex-boyfriend was grieving terribly. He had slipped into a severe depression and would often sit at her grave and he would just cry. Every day after school he would think of her, how he could have stopped Amelia from dying. He brought a blade to his perfect skin whenever he thought of how it was his fault. He ended up in hospital seven times in the first year that Amelia was gone due to blood loss, causing him to pass out.

Amelia's birthday came around. Everyone mourned more then normal on that day. Her family let a lantern out in memory of Amelia, and her ex would sit at her grave in a pool of tears until he was forced to leave.

The truth is, nobody really knew all the reasons that Amelia killed herself. She kept to herself and stopped trusting everyone, so nobody knew what was happening to her. She was depressed. She had insomnia. She hated herself so much that she blamed every little thing on herself. The truth is, nobody could have saved her. Amelia died inside long before she slipped her neck through the noose. She was too far gone to be helped, no matter how many antidepressants she took or how many therapy sessions she went to. The truth is, this is what made her happy. Amelia was finally herself again. She was in a happier, more cheerful place. The truth is, this is what was best for her. And no matter how much people mourn, they will always know that.

Amelia had gone. She wasn't coming back.