Bright lights.
Very bright.
It's too white.
Where am I?

I squinted and looked around to see myself in the emergency room. I looked around to see Phil dozed off in the chair next to me, I saw my phone on my lap and I checked the time. Four in the morning.

What had happened to me? I usually had such a high pain tolerance, but my head was aching. I tried to reach for the clipboard at the end of the bed, thanks to my noodle arms; I grabbed it.

I scanned the sheet and it was clear what had happened. I passed out at Phil's from a major concussion, straight to the head. I also dislocated my kneecap, they saw that too. I've been dealing with that pain for a while.

I used my phone to see what I looked like. I looked like I was actually hit by a bus: my skin was sickly pale, I had medical wrap around my head, my lips were chapped, and I couldn't of looked worse.

"So, you've seen your condition?" A doctors head appeared through the curtain and stepped in, shutting it behind him.

"Yes I have, Doctor. Have you contacted my parents?" He shook his head, and bit his lip nervously, trying to search for something else to talk about.

"If you hadn't noticed, we put you in a knee brace. You should be back and able to play football in a month and a half (if you don't speech soccer/football he's saying that he can't play for around half the season)." I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"But I have the first game of the season in a couple weeks! I can't let the team down!" I shouted in protest. He told me to quiet down and apologised for my misfortune. He instructed for me to get some rest and he'll be back to check on me in the later hours. I laid there and looked at my phone. I saw a call from Peej and I immediately picked it up.

"DAN, ARE YOU OKAY?" I put it on speaker and sighed.

"Yes, I'm fine PJ. I just can't play for 3 weeks." I heard Chris' gasp on the line.

"But we have the game next week!" Chris cried in protest. PJ chimed in agreement and I heard Phil's breathing on the other side of the room.

"I know. Guys, I'm so sorry. Do you know if Kenny or someone can take my place? He's not a bad left forward." we argue for a couple minutes on if Kenny would be able or not. Kenny was usual my backup but since I'm always there he's never on field.

"Come on guys, I know it's hard but I can't go in, I haven't gotten a concussion in forever." the guys hummed in agreement.

"How'd you get it anyway?" I hesitated and claimed it was a ball to the head when it bounced off the crossbar at my practice net at home.

"Oh, crossbars a nasty bugger sometimes. Don't know why your younger brothers obsessed with it Lo-, Liguori." I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what was he going to say. He occasionally calls him by it but not very often, it's weird that they were using it now.

"Anyway," I dragged on "I'm going to go. Have fun with your sleepover." I hung up the phone and looked at Phil to see him slightly waking up. He slowly woke up and saw that I was awake as well.

"Hey you're up! Did the doctor come yet?" Phil asked. I nodded and explained my situation, which overall wasn't a very good one. All I wanted to do was go out and kick some goals but I couldn't because of my damn injuries.

"You could do me a big favour and help me around the school, right?" I asked. Phil nodded, he was already in most of my classes so it wouldn't be too hard. The tension in air was thick after that. I mean it weird if there wasn't right? I did just pass out in the guys home.

"I need to get going but I was told you're going to be at my house till you recover since your parents decided it was a good idea to go to Hawaii for the next few months." Phil said, gathering his things. Seemed typical of my parents anyway, well of Father. Mother usually never did anything like that unless something was up.

"Wait even the doctor couldn't get in touch with my parents? How did you?" I asked curiously.

"I have my ways." He said with a mysterious glint in his eyes "Are you going to be all right here?" concern glazing over that glint.

"I'll be fine." Images flashed in Daniel's head, he didn't think he was going to be fine.

i found this and it's pre-written so bare with my old writing style! anyway some changes will be made to this story like

•point of view
•writing style
•the ending!

it was originally going to end in s****de but i decided strongly against it because that's way too bad.
anyway bare with this until i figure out what i'm going to do with this.

thank you!
-ro