Hit by a Train

This idea was inspired by the request of @Jewel_GalaxinaLombax. Hope I don't doink this first request up. Hope you enjoy (^v^)/

You walk down the street chewing on a pencil. Not that you had a taste for pencil, just a bit nervous and that was the closest thing you could grab that you were allowed to chew on. You blend with the people, but also trying to avoid brushing people best you could in a crowded space.

You were walking to search for a place to rest for the day. You had to wait until night since they murderer you were trying to catch worked at night. Stereotypical. You sigh as you find an inn and pay the fee. You go to the room and flop face down onto the bed which was surprisingly fluffy. Sleep whispered to you immediately.

Then, you wake from your doze to here loud voices outside in the hall.

"Come on, Sven! Why do we need to rest now?" A loud voice said. You heard a voice answer but it was a lot more quiet than the first, and didn't catch it. The first voice whined and then stopped all together.

You decide that the disturbance is gone, and go ahead to doze off. You dream of trains (actual trains) for some reason. Some coming straight at you. You awake as one was about to.

Well, that was very resting. At least it's dusk. You think.

You stretch and readjust your wrinkled clothes. You didn't even realize you slept in your boots. Those overnights were going to be the death of you. (Metaphorically of course. I have no plan to kill you in this one)

You grab you knives and guns that you had on put on the table. Walking out, you locked the door to make sure no one entered while you were gone since you left several things there instead of taking them. The streets were dead. Of course, they were empty. You walk to the general area the murders have been happening. Your hand was on the hilt of your gun that was safely tucked into your coat pocket so it looked less suspicious, and also had a dagger in your sleeve for easy access.

You hear foot steps. Trying to be quiet. You see a little girl walking down the street towards you. You blinked and walked closer. You got closer and both of you stopped. The girl looked young and had long hair. It was hard to see in the dull light the moon provided.

"You shouldn't be here." She says in a monotone to you.

"If anything, you shouldn't be here. How old are you? 10? 11?" You say back, crossing your arms in front of your chest.

"I am a Sweeper." Was all she says.

"At this age? I certainly hope not!" You say.

"My life is none of your concerns." She retorts.

"It is when there's been murders around here! I'm sure a little girl is no challenge for a known murderer."

"Eve! What's wrong!" A man comes running up.

"This woman is being reckless." The girl says.

"Who is she?" He asks.

"Are you responsible for her?" You ask sweetly.

"Uh... Yeah. I suppose so." He says.

You punch him in the face knocking him down. "Do you realise how young she is?! In an area known for murders?! You should keep an e-" you are cut off in your rant when someone pins you down.

You struggle. You see the face, but it's all dark, but the eyes seemed as if to glow on their own. They were like a cat yellow. They were kinda enticing.

"Train. Let her go. She had all reason to do so. It would appear bad from an outside perspective what we were doing." The man on the ground says.

This so called "Train" got off you reluctantly.