Chapter 3: Alafan and the Daonei People

Kon'nichiwa, minna-san! ♥ Finally, here is the next chapter, haha~!  I'm sorry for not being able to update sooner; gomen'nasai!  But, of course, you guys know the drill; school. :c  It can really be a pain sometimes, can't it?  Anyways...I had a lot of fun writing this chapter! ♥ A lot more was revealed on the Sky People and on Alafan, which I was hoping for!  The next chapter will be a bit more exciting, I hope. c:  Well, I dedicate this chapter to ClumsyMustache!  I love her stories, so be sure to fan her!  I hope you all enjoy this chapter, ne?  Oh, and remember; feedback is greatly appreciated~!  Until next time, everyone!

я y - c н α η,

т н є  и α ℓ υ  ω я ι т є я--☆

ೋღ♥ ღೋ

====================================================================

"Who're you, old man?"  Natsu replied, blinking densely.

"My name is Alafan. The runner of this city, as of now."

"So..the leader then."  Natsu replied, setting Lucy back onto the grass silently.  "You're the one who sent the request."  Natsu didn't say it as a question, but as a confirmation.

Alafan nodded.  "I am."

"Nat-zu!"

Natsu looked over his shoulder, seeing his comrades drop to the ground and get off the birds.

"Is Lucy alright?!"  Wendy exclaimed worriedly, and they all jogged forward.

"She's fine,"  Natsu replied.

"You mind telling me who this is?"  Gray asked, crossing his arms at the old man.

"Oh this old guy?  This is Alafan.  He's the one that saved Lucy and is top guy around here.'

Erza turned to Alafan.  "You saved Lucy?  Thank you."

Alafan nodded kindly.  "Of course.  But...why was this Lucy girl in such a predicament in the first place?"

Everyone looked at the ground, troubled.

"We have no idea,"  Charle started.  "She just suddenly passed out once we passed through the barrier."

Alafan's eyes widened slightly.  "The barrier, you say?"

They all nodded.

Alafan looked at Lucy's sleeping face with amazement. 

Could she be...?  No; it's impossible...  Alafan thought, looking away.

It was then that Lucy stirred, and everyone turned their attention to her.

"What..happened?"  Lucy murmured, sitting up.  "The last thing I remember is letting go of the wreins..."

Lucy looked up and spotted Alafan, and her eyes widened.

Something about him seemed...familiar.

"Lucy, are you okay?"  Happy asked, coming up to her.

"You passed out as soon as we went through the barrier."  Wendy explained.

Lucy's face turned surprised.  "I-I did?  Why?"

"That's what we'd like to know,"  Erza replied.

"Hey Gramps,"  Natsu replied, and everyone sweat-dropped at Natsu's denseness.  "What do you have a barrier for, anyway?"

Alafan's face turned sad, and everyone looked at him in surprise.

"We're being terrorized, me and my people,"  Alafan replied, his expression somber.  "And we need Fairy Tail's help."