~Chapter 8~

Shawn walked back to his gate and met up with Andrew and Brian. They were wondering what took so long, but said nothing because they assumed he was on his phone.

"You good Shawn?" Andrew asked. He saw how when Shawn ran to the bathroom, he was not feeling good. 

"Yeah, I'm great actually." Shawn said with a smile. They then boarded the plane and  sat down. They were in first class. It was all reserved for Shawn and his people. In the first rows sat bodyguards. Then Shawn with Andrew and Brian. On the right side and behind them were other important people, such as the band and so on. Then more bodyguards.

Mid-flight, the waitress came around giving out the meals. Brian immediately dug in. Shawn just looked at his pancakes. They didn't look good. Well, they did to a human. To Shawn, they just looked like pieces of plastic. He looked at food as humans did plastic. 

Brian gave him a strange look and then focused on his food again. Shawn knew he had to eat. Or else they would worry. Reluctantly, Shawn picked up the fork and stabbed a piece of pancake. He brought it to his mouth. He slowly put it in. It tasted horrible, like dirt that had been walked on for years. 

Shawn swallowed. At first he felt nothing. His mouth just tasted bad. Then it happened. Shawn felt bile rise in his throat. It burned like fire and he put his napkin on his mouth. The pancake, all mushed up, along with some of the blood Shawn drank earlier flew into it. 

Luckily, it all stayed in the napkin and no one could see that Shawn just painfully vomited. Shawn dropped his fork onto the pancake and turned to face the window, away from Brian and Andrew. His throat still burned. Shawn clenched his hands into fists and tried to take deep breaths. Braeden was right. He had to learn to keep it down.

But now that some of the blood came out of his mouth, Shawn was hungry again. And he would not be home for another few hours. There was a hospital ten minutes from his house, so he could take blood bags from there. But he needed blood. The two blood bags he had before wouldn't do it. Then he saw one of the waitresses go into the small kitchen area. It was enclosed by a curtain. The bathroom was right next to it. He could just say he had to go to the bathroom and sneak into the kitchen to get a drink.

Shawn shook away the thought. No hurting people. But he was hungry. And he didn't want to take the chance of hurting Brian or Andrew or anyone of his people. From what Shawn learned in seven seasons of Vampire Diaries, the hunger was strong when a person was turning, but when they were an actual hungry vampire, it was ten times worse. 

Shawn needed the blood. Did he have enough self control to not kill her? He had to. Because he had no other choice. 

Standing up, Shawn walked over to the bathroom. Then he quickly went behind the curtain instead. The girl looked at him. She had brown wavy hair and too much makeup on.

"Excuse me sir, but no one is allowed back here."

"Yeah, I know but I am just really hungry. Can I have a bite?" Shawn took a step closer to her. His vampire instincts were kicking in. The girl backed up.

"W-we just served your meal. You can't still be hungry?" she said in a slightly nervous voice.

"Oh, I didn't really like it. I am craving...something else." Shawn smiled, but he was not sure why.

That was when he quickly placed his hand over the waitress's mouth, bared his fangs, and dug them into her neck.