Chapter Two | Hayley

"Dinner!" Mommy yells.
"Coming!" I shout back.
"Ok" Annie replies.
I wait for Annie, at the top of the stairs. She's taking a while, so I went to her bedroom to see why. Suddenly, the bathroom door slams shut before I can see Annie in there. "Uh, just going to the toilet!" She stutters.
"Oh, ok then" I politely answer. After about 3 minutes, I get tired of waiting, and unlock the door with my hair clip. There, I see Annie standing with blood red tissues resting on her arm, and her holding scissors in the other hand. " I can explain Hayley! It's not what it looks like!"
"It looks like you've been cutting yourself"
"No! It was a science experiment with salt, pepper, and red food dye! I put the dye back, and I have the scissors to cut strips of tissue!"
"Why did you have to tell me you were on the toilet then?"
"Oh, I had to flush some toilet paper down the toilet cause last time I went I didn't?" She questions herself. I don't know what to say. Has Annie been cutting herself? Whatever, she likes science to I suppose she was doing an innocent - but messy - experiment. "Ok then" I say, then leave. I walk down the stairs, to find some delicious smelling homemade pizza.
"Where's your sister?" Mommy asks me.
"Upstairs. She did a really messy science experiment, so I guess she's cleaning it up"
"Annie! Can you clean that up later?" Mommy shouts.
"Ok" replies my sister. As we all sit on the couch watching TV, I gently kick Annie, and whisper " What are those cuts on your arm, Annie?"
"Oh, the dogs tackled me when I got home. To the ground in fact." She whispered back.
"But I saw you, they just jumped up on your legs. Not that left arm" I was concerned.
" Um, no, I mean, oh, when you were in your room watching Ro, or reading or something."
"But the dogs were with me right up until dinner!"
"Oh, um, I mean, like, before that"
"Oh, ok. Sorry" I apologised. I was too cautious of my sister. They were just innocent dog scratches.

Yep, just some innocent dog scratches..