Chapter 4: A New Beginning

"Hello?! Hellooo?!" All I could see was darkness engulfing the entire world. It was cold and I felt a bone chilling existence. I walked a bit further and I spotted a speck of light far away.

I started running towards it. "What are you running for?" A voice said. "I need to go back to Emily." "Right. She was still alive at that time." It said. "What do you mean by 'still alive'?" I said with a confused tone. It sighed with a very mundane tone and said, "I'll see you next time."

I slowly regained control over my muscles and twitched. While opening my eyes all I could see was a blurry Emily type of person looking down at me with a worried face.

Even though I couldn't bring any sense out of everything going on around me, I knew that Emily was freaking out next to me. Her eyes filled with tears, her face covered in dust and her heart beating really fast.

One of her tears fell on my cheek and I slowly started to interpret what she was saying. It slowly came to me. "Arthur! Arthur! Come back to your senses! Don't leave me! I love you!" Her wobbly voice added by her crying was too much for others to understand but I could understand everything she said.

My consciousness faded. I thought that I would be ending my short and sweet life without giving Emily my answer.

But I had to wake up again. I snapped my eyes open and mustered my strength to get up in a jiffy.

I found myself in a hospital room with no one around. On my left side was a window which stretched horizontally to the other side. On my right was a monitor which kept my heart rate and magic in check. It was a very typical room.

The room's door opened. Grandfather, Ms.Elena and Emily came in and were shocked to see me up.

Emily with tears of joy ran up to me and hugged me tightly. I calmly said," Ouch. Ouch. Emily let me go. It hurts." "Oh. Sorry. I was just so worried that I thought you would've left me all alone like my parents did." I kept my hand on her head and slowly pat her. Assuring her that I wouldn't go anywhere.

"Oho! Are you two dating?" Grandfather said with a perverted face. I showed him a the typical teenage irritated face but Emily here started blushing like crazy. Her cheeks were red like tomatoes. Looking at her it reminded me of what she said.

"I am extremely sorry! I wasn't thinking straight and used a forbidden spell on only beginners like you. Forgive me!" Said Ms.Elena out if nowhere.

I smiled and said,"Don't worry about it and please do not show me so much respect. I'm your student." She looked at me with a sign of relief.

"Leaving that, Arthur, I would like to congratulate you on getting admitted into Sword Academy." Grandfather exclaimed. "On top of that you two have been promoted to the Genius Class." He added.

"What's the Genius Class?" I questioned. "Well, in short it's the class for those with either prodigious magic or extremely good skills and since you two have both ancient magic running in your veins and on top of that you two have completed the Dragon Arts, you guys automatically qualify for the class." He answered.

"I know you're now able to walk and run since our blood has good healing factors so get changed and head on to the opening ceremony." He ordered. He exited the room along with Emily and Ms.Elena.

I got up and stretched a bit. The uniform was kept on the table in front of me. I picked it up and went to the mirror.

When I looked at myself I was surprised to see that one of my bangs had turned from brown to white. I touched it only to feel an amazing magical presence. Since the doctors had already washed me up I started to take off my clothes.