Chapter 2

Ojii-san stood up and started to walk up to me, and extended his hand.

I took hold of his offering hand, as we walked out of the building.

Right when I was about to ask him how things go around here and such, he already had something in mind.

I looked up and he was about to talk. "You and your younger twin brother, Naruto Uzumaki, were born at such a tragic day. Your father, Minato Namikaze, was the previous Hokage. He and your mother, died after sustaining critical injuries from defeating the fox demon, Kuruma, that was being controlled by an unknown man. It was not safe for you and your brother to be together just yet, so I transport you to a safer place. But, they were able to save the village.  Your parents were amazing, so keep your heads up kid."

He let go of my hand and gave me a key to my room.

"Here is the key to your room. Let me know if you need anything, and everything has already been made for you inside. From rations to toiletries. Also here is you allowance."

I took the money and thanked him for everything.

"I'll let you get settled and will be back to train you before the academy enrollment."

After closing the door, I sunk onto the floor.

Looking completely defeated.

But after dead silence, I came to a realization that I did not have anything on me from the mansion.

"Ah! My things!" since I forgot to bring my luggage I started to frantically look for my precious keys.

*5 minutes later*

When it was on my waist belt this whole time!

*sigh*

After summoning Loke, he came running towards me and hugged me tightly.

"Hime, this place does not feel right. Where are we?"

"Somehow I found out everything I knew was a lie." I started to tear up from the thought of it.

"I—I had a whole different life at a place that is not familiar to me. A family I did not know existed until now. How do I react to this? What should I do?" As I look up to Loke, I see his worried eyes.

He proceeds to hug me. "I will always be at your side no matter what. I will protect you here, Hime."

I muttered, "Thank you, Loke."

He disappears and now I face a new hardship.

Organizing and cleaning this room!

I slapped my cheeks to stay awake. And finally got to make my bed.

As I lay on my new bed, my thoughts comes out.

That is when I decided, "I will become Lucy Namikaze. This is the best for Naruto and I. And, I will tell him when the time comes."

After my resolution, tiredness started to slip in.

My dreams were filled with my happiest memories as a child with my "adopted" family.

I woke up with swollen eyes from my tears last night.

I immediately went to the bathroom and started getting ready.

I walked around the village to let myself feel familiarize with my surroundings, there I saw the marketplace.

With grandpa's allowance, I was able to buy myself food and supplies for this month.

The best thing I he offered me is free rent!

I didn't have to worry about it unlike in Fiore.

That's when a tear unconsciously flowed down my cheek.