(3)

It is five in the morning, still dark because it's the end of fall. I have no idea where I am, and my mate kicked me out me.

"Get in here, you alright?" Jagger says pulling me the rest of the way up, he investigates my body. There is a little cut on my knee, I had ripped jeans on, such a default.
He doesn't say a word pulling me to the kitchen, lifting me on the counter with ease. He takes a wet rag cleaning off my wound.

"I can do it myself, just call a taxi and I'll be out of here." I murmur, he doesn't say a word, not even a glance at me.
I see Dennis and Joey walk in and give me a weird stare.

"He kicked me out and made me fall. Can one of you call me a taxi so I can get home?" I wonder; they look at me like I've got two heads, though before they can answer, they are beat.

"If either of you call her a taxi, I'll break your neck." Jagger states as a Band-Aid is placed on my knee. He stand up and still towers over my frame, he puts either hand on the counter and stares down at me.
"And you fell on your own, Skylar." He whispers before walking out of the kitchen.

I stare at his retreating back before rolling my eyes.

"He's just the sweetest." I say giving them a forced glare.

"He is always a hard ass, though you've been here maybe an hour, and he's been nicer to you than anyone has ever seen him. And he already told everyone to stand clear of you, he's protective over you."  Joey says as I roll my eyes.
"I suppose, I'm going home though." I say hoping off the counter.

"He said not to let you leave." Dennis says and I shrug with a wicked smile.
"So?" I say tugging my purse on my arm.
They all stand there with with worried expression as I head towards the door.

"Skylar, please don't." Dennis says, I think about staying but remember my arrogant mate and decided on leaving.
"I'm sorry." I say with a sad smile as I head out the door.

I make my way all the way down to the gates and start walking the way I came.

I don't know what his problem was, mates aren't suppose to act like that! My mate is not suppose to be a Mafia leader. He is suppose to be sweet to me and Jagger is just horrible!

Mates are suppose to fall in love at first sight, apparently Jagger is something else.

After about a mile a burning pain enters my chest making me collapse.
"What the hell is that?" I huff out as I try to stand on my two feet.
You can't be away from your mate to long, especially when unmated.

A scream escapes my lips as I feel my head start to spin.
Black dots start on my vision as I hold my head in my hand.

"Dammit Skylar!" Dennis growls, his arms incasing me.

"We told you not to, look what being away from your mate did to you!" Dennis growls as he carries me back to the house, tears staining my cheeks. After five minutes I'm in the house and practically thrown into Jagger's awaiting arms.
I hear everyone leave and just the muffled sounds of my sobs.

"Don't ever do that again." Jagger whispers as the pain starts to fade, his arms tight around my body as mine are around his neck.
"F*ck, why did you leave? That was the worst pain in my life and we haven't even mated yet. I've been hurt a lot but nothing compared to that of you leaving me." Jagger whispers his arms never leaving my tiny waist.
"I have to go home, Leah is worried. You don't w-want me here." I choke out as I lay my head on Jagger's shoulder.

"I'll take you to see her tomorrow and you can grabs your things. You're staying with me for now on, I can't do that again. Skylar, I may be a d*ck, but I want you here with me, why wouldn't I want my mate?" He says as I feel us being carried up the stairs.
"You did kick me out." I counter and he lets out a soft chuckle opening his bedroom door.

He places me on my back and towers over me with his forehead against mine.

"Yeah, then five seconds later I realized I needed you here and brought you right back. Dammit, Skylar, I'm a Mafia leader, I have been for years now and never needed a woman in my life. You're here less then an hour and it's like I need everything of you. I can't let you leave because it hurts me and you. And I'm a cold-blooded killer but seeing a small cut on your knee made from me made me completely freak out and I had to fix it. Now you are here and I shouldn't like it, but I do and I don't want it to stop, I want you here, and it seems like I need you here as well." Jagger says making my breath catch in my throat.

"Go to sleep Sky, it's almost five in the morning." He says, I kick off my shoes, purse, and my jacket. I see Jagger do the same but take his shirt off as well.
Drool is practically dripping from my mouth.

"You're staring at me like you want to jump my bones, Daniels." Jagger smirks getting in bed as well.
"I'm not moving so go to sleep and don't even think about moving." Jagger growls softy as his arm wraps around my waist and we spoon.

A few hours later

"It's ten o'clock, their here." Dennis growls, I feel Jagger shift under me and then quick shuffling.
"Get watch on her. I don't want them finding her, don't let a goddamn thing happen to her." Jagger growls at someone before the bed dips in and soft lips kiss my forehead.

I hear the door shut and lock. Jagger tells someone to stand outside the door.

I wonder who's there.

"Don't f*cking move!" I hear Jagger shout before brutal hits are heard.
"Let us look around then. Why is one of your men guarding that door?" I hear as the voice is a little closer.
"Because he is, stop asking questions." He growls as thundering steps are taken.

"Westbrook, why do you smell like a female? A wolf female too." The person says in a sly voice.
"Is that what you're hiding up there?" A creak is heard and then loud footsteps.
"Won't let us see her? Protective, I see, she must be important, hm?" The person asks, another footstep creak, following a loud step up the stairs.

This is not good.

Vote, comment, show love! :)