Blue

Chapter three
In my eyes

Wednesday

I jumped out of bed to slam my alarm off. I sighed and rubbed my eyes. Picking up my phone I yawned and gasped at the time.

10:18 am
Wednesday June 2nd 2016

I jumped out of bed running to my bathroom. I cringed at my self in the mirror. Ew. I quickly grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste.

I brushed my teeth and stripped my clothes, turning on the shower.
Once I finished it was 10:37.

"Crap crap crap crap crap!" I yelled and ran to my closet. I skimmed through my clothes and screamed.

"Becca? Are you ok? Why did you yell?!" Asked my older sister as she poked her head through my door.

"I'm fine! I just.. have a.. date." I tipped my head down and blushed, pulling my towel closer.

"Oh.. you do huh?" Smirked Alicia as she walked in and closed the door behind her.

"Yeah... I do. And I don't know what to wear!?!??" I sighed plopping down on to my bed.

" Ohh, ok. I can help you." Alicia walked to my closet grabbing my ripped skinny jeans, my black and "gold" adidas sweatshirt, and my black heeled boots. "Here!"

"You. Are. A. Life. Saver." I breathed grabbing the clothes and shooed her out the door.

I quickly changed and pulled my hair into a loose Dutch braid.

Taking a glance in the mirror I smiled. I look like I just came out of an old film. In other words, Good.

I quickly put on some Chapstick and my traditional 3 swipes of mascara.

I checked my phone. 10:58 am.

I smiled. Perfect!

I grabbed my purse and ran downstairs.

_********

"Oh! Honey! You look great!" Exclaimed my mom as she pulled me into a hug. "I wish your father was here to see you."

My dad wasn't around most my life. He and my mom got a divorce when I was 4. He couldn't handle the fact of me being who I am, so he brought that out on everyone else. He started drinking and God knows what else. He abused my mom and Alicia, and threatened to kill me. Alicia was 8 then, and I was 3.

It wasn't but three years ago that we heard from the cops that he was jumped and killed in an ally on Westchester Street. Feet chopped clean off. Bled to death. Apparently he wasn't 'up for it' with one of the gangs. Crazy thing was, Westchester Street was only 4 blocks away from the apartment we were staying at at the time. Obviously we moved and we now live in a nice little suburban house.

I smiled with tears in my eyes and looked up at her. "All I need is you mom."

"Mom! Come-on don't ruin her date mood!" Alicia smiled picking up another pop tart and handing it to me. "What? You need to eat!"

I smiled and thanked her.

The front doorbell rang just in time for me too wipe my face and throw on my purse.

Alicia ran up to answer it.

"Hello! You must be Alicia! Becca has spoken alot of you!" Cole greeted. I haven't forgotten that voice. It's the voice of my Savior.

"Oh yes I presume your looking for Becca? She's coming."

I took that as my que and ran towards the door, being carful to not trip over my heels.

"Cole! Nice to see you!" I walked up to hug him and quickly whispered in his ear,"let's leave before things get more akward."

He laughed and escorted me out the door. "We better get moving. I have reservations." Cole told Alicia and winked at me.

I giggled and looked at Cole's eyes. I took in all his features. From his brown hair to his black high tops.

I look at his shirt. The color was beautiful. If only I knew the name.

"I really like your shirt." I smiled and grabbed his hand.

"Oh yeah! I got it for Christmas like, last year. It's my favorite shade of blue." He explained.

"Oh" was all I could manage.

Blue. I love the color blue. I thought.

_*********

I quickly grabbed the gun. My target ran behind a tree. I aimed, my heart racing. I watched as my target ran out. I put my finger on the trigger and took a steady breath in. I pulled the trigger.

DING SPLING ALING DING DING!!!

I dropped the gun and covered my ears while grinning from ear to ear.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, pulling me into a hug.

"Did I win? Did I win!!?" I yelled turning around to face Cole's  precious brown eyes.

"Yeah! Becca you won!" He replied.

I smiled and saw all the paint ball colors. I bit my bottom lip and sighed. I love to see color.