Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?

"Now, should we treat women as independent agents, responsible for themselves? Of course. But being responsible has nothing to do with being raped. Women don't get raped because they were drinking or took drugs. Women do not get raped because they weren't careful enough. Women get raped because someone raped them." ~ Jessica Valenti

" Sir, we have a patient in the emergency ward who needs immediate treatment," The nurse informed with grief and righteous anger written all over her face and it didn't take more than a second for the doctor to realize the reason behind it.

" A rape case,isn't it sister?" questioned Arnav Singh Raizada as he paced in long strides to the emergency ward as the sister followed him. The silence which the sister vowed had confirmed his suspicions about the nature of the case.

" A rape and physical assault, Sir. The victim is severely injured as if beaten by something hard and Dr. Anita, the general physician suspects internal bleeding too.," answered the sister, grimly and nervously.

" Please send the the anesthetist to brave girl's room as I would conduct a basic clinical examination for her to check for the nature of surgery required here. Please make it quick because we cannot start the surgery without it, even if the patient is in an unconscious state. And yes ask Kavita to lodge a complaint against this ASAP." Arnav's voice though was calm but clearly presented how disgusted he felt about the culprit and the crime which took place in every minute across the world.

" As you say, Sir. Dr. Rakesh would reach the room after he completes the administration of anesthesia to the other patient."

Arnav nodded while the other nurses made him wear the surgical mask and the clothing required to maintain the hygiene of the room for the surgery to take place successfully.

He entered into the room, to see an angelic face whose head was covered with bandages hinting that she had also hurt her head. Arnav's palms balled into fist in raw fury as murderous thoughts played on his mind to kill the culprit as he didn't trust the Jurisprudence of India with this one thing.

But there was something in her pale, lifeless face which plucked the strings of his heart to play an unknown rhythm. He couldn't stop himself from asking the sister beside him,

" What's her name?"

" Sir, we don't know. We didn't find any ID Proof with her as she was found in a very devastated state to Mr and Mrs. Sharma who were the ones who brought her here," Sister said with a very depressed face and tear filled eyes, unable to bear even the thought of torture inflicted on Khushi being a woman and a mother of two.

He didn't even know the name of her but still he felt as if he knows her since ages. He knew it for a fact that he hadn't seen her ever but as they say that heart has no brain and what happens with brain is not love.

As Arnav was lost in his thoughts, Dr.Rakesh arrived there and administered anesthesia to Khushi, while the sisters completed all the arrangement for the surgery to take place.

" Sir, we are ready," A junior doctor informed him which brought him back to present, while he steadied him mind and sent a small prayer to the god, to grant him the power to make the girl in front of him normal, if it was possible.

-----------------

After 2 hours,

After two hours of hardwork, dedication by a team of 7, Khushi was perfectly alright, medically of course.

Arnav sighed deeply as he thanked god for helping him save her life. Though it was not a case which would need immediate attention, it was an emergency all the same. Internal bleeding could wait but still it required immediate attention as the object which caused it is still unknown.