Happy Birthday?

PRESENT DAY
     "Wh-What the Hell?!" shouts a man. "What did you find? A person?" asks a woman. "yeah,a girl, but, but this one is breathing!' he responds in a shocked tone. 'That's impossible, she has been under the rubble for almost a week..."
6 DAYS AGO
       "Happy birthday dude!" I hear Blare shout but I don't pay her any attention. 'How did she even get in my room? Its sssooo early.' I groan in my mind. I reach for my phone that is on my table and mash the button, bringing it to life. 10;30...10:30... I sit straight up. "Why the hell did everyone let me sleep so late? I have a freaking job.' I yell at Blare, who has now found her way into my stash of chocolate."Relax Kate, it's your birthday, remember?" she says with chocolate muffling her words. I throw a pillow at her. "The world doesnt stop just because I turn 18."I say. "Yeah but your parents called your boss and he said to take the day off." Blare says. I give her a few slow blinks and an empty stare. Day off. Give me. Frank said. Frank is giving me the day off? The same guy that cussed out another employee for taking a day off to go to her grandmothers funeral? "Are you sure?" I ask skeptically, "Frank isn't the type of guy to give people the day off." "Yeah i heard the whole conversation." she replies. I narrow my eyes at her and slowly walk to her, snatching my chocolate from her thieving hands. She flashes me a smile and swiftly walks out of my room. I follow her into the kitchen. "Morning Kate, Happy birthday!" both my parents say. I sit at the table and Im greeted with my favorite breakfast, an egg and chicken frittata without cheese. I smile gratefully at my mother before i dig into the meal. "So since you crushed the idea of a party, what are we to do on your birthday?" my mother says dramatically. I roll my eyes. "Don't say it like that, you know I hate parties. Lets just do something casual, like a movie. It has to be before 5 because I have MMA."

So this is the first quarter of this story I wrote a while ago. I'm going to post the rest shortly.