The Usual Suspects Pt. 2

"Excuse me..."

Ballard looked up and saw the child services agent "Yes..."

"You called about a girl..."

Ballard nodded walking her to her desk "Yes she's..." but there was no girl "She was..." she looked at one of the officer's "Where did she go?"

"Who?"

"The girl...the kidnapped victim,"

The officer shrugged and she quickly headed to the bathroom but there was no girl. Sighing she headed to the faucet, but the faucets turned on by itself.

"Very funny kid...what'd you use...string," but Ballard recoiled when she felt no line. Steam rose and fogged up the mirror, the letters DANASHULPS forming. Scrubbing away the fog revealed the ghost standing behind her. Turning around quickly she saw the throat slit deeply and her eyes a deep red.

***

Dean and Sam were handcuffed to the table as Ballard entered, obviously nervous. "Can we make this quick?" Dean told her "I'm a little tired, it's been a long day, you know with your partner assaulting us and all,"

"I want to know more about that stuff you were talking about earlier," Ballard told him

"Time Life. Mysteries of the Unknown. Look it up,"

"Let's pretend for the moment you're not entirely insane," Both Dean and Sam looked at each other unsure on if this was a trick or not "What would one of these things be doing here?"

"A vengeful spirit? Well, they're created by violent deaths. And then they come back for a reason, usually a nasty one. Like revenge on the people that hurt 'em,"

"And uh, these, they're capable of killing people?" she rubbed her neck causing Sam to notice her wrist.

"Where did you get that?"

she pulled up her sleeves to reveal deep bruises "I don't know. It, it wasn't there before,"

"You've seen it, haven't you?" Dean questioned "The spirit?"

"How did you know?"

"Because Karen had the same bruises on her wrists. And I'm willing to bet that if you look at Giles' autopsy photos he's got 'em too, it's got something to do with this spirit, I...I don't know what."

She turned away and looked into the mirror.

"I know. You think you're going crazy." Sam told her "But let's skip that part, shall we? Because the last two people who saw this thing? Died, pretty soon after. You hear me?"

"You think I'm going to die,"

"You need to go to Selina. She'll help,"

"Go to the first motel listed in the yellow pages. Look for Jane Rockford-it's how we find each other when we're separated."

"I could just have child services take her away,"

Dean seemed to become angry with the assumption, but Sam intervened

"Or you can let her save your life," Sam argued

***

I was sitting at the motel desk going through files when a knock sounded at the door, opening it I saw officer Ballard. I stood still until she showed me her wrists and I pulled her inside before closing the door. "These showed up after you saw it?"

Ballard shrugged "Yeah, I guess,"

"All right. You're going to have to tell me exactly what you saw,"