CONSORTIUM

A Theoretical Study of Mass Reduction for Interstellar Space Travel.

Premise: Humans are a star-faring race.

I welcome and invite all scientists, inventors, and entrapenures to join in this endeavor.

Background:
Science Fiction has always driven technology into the future, so why wouldn't we look into the current trends to find the answers to hard pressed problems for the future? No one denys humans are on the brink of self destruction. Add to that social anhilation from extremists, resource depletion, war, global warming, overpopulation, the political atmosphere, the Covid pandemic and other unforeseen forces and we need to seriously consider space travel as a viable option to our current problems.
Everyone is waiting for the next big thing, such as free global wi-fi, Artficial Intelligence, nuclear fusion, a manned mission to Mars, and the list goes on. This is a tretise on what it will take to reach the next star.
In all our striving, have we forgot humans are a star faring race? It's in our blood when we constantly innovate to go faster, higher, further. Looking at the night sky brings a yearning which can't be denied. We have overcome every obstacle which kept us from space, so why should we stop now?
This is as good a day as any to step into that destiny. The ultimate answer to our problems is to get off the planet. I am confident if a few humans were dropped off on any breathable planet, we would survive. It's not even a question. We're tough as hell. Nothing can stop us.
When looking at Interstellar space travel, there are three main hurdles standing in the way.
1. Propulsion
2. Man himself, the human factor.
3. Mass reduction

We will save 1 and 2 for another day. But breifly let's look at them.

1. If the mass of the ship is approaching zero then propulsion should be minimal. How much energy does it take to drive a photon across the Galaxy? Not much.
2. The human factor can be delt with in flight or through deep psychological testing and training. 10 people spending five years in space can work it out amongst themselves. At least a couple of them will survive.

3. That leaves mass reduction. That is the premise of this book. It is the answer we are looking for. I will present the idea and hopefully 5, 10, or 1,000 people will come along and finish the project, share the glory, and get the satisfaction of saving the human race and helping us innovate to realize one of our oldest dreams. Reaching another star.

Authors note. This idea came to me when writing a science fiction novel titled, Ketty's Subdivision, written by Chris Bieniek, Available on Amazon.

THIS WILL BE A CONSORTIUM

Royalty free, patent free, open architecture, non profit.

Premise: If the apparent mass of an object is close to zero, can it travel close to the speed of light?
Hopefully the answer is yes.

Let's design and build an Infinite Gyroscope.

The Gyroscope is a wheel on magnetic or gravity bearings, with super conducting magnets at the outter rim spinning close to the speed of light. As we change the flux density of the hyper-accelerated magnets, a field is developed around the wheel, and around the space ship, which reduces the mass close to that of a photon.

The wheel has to be encased in a vacuum shell, no friction, and have a brushless motor along the outter shell with pole switching at the speed of light.

Magnets will have to be supercooled.

One set of field coils drive the motor/wheel and the other set of field coils would change the flux density of the magnets to adjust the mass field.

Coding running at ultra-fast switching speed for transistors required.

Changing the flux of the magnets might pose a problem. The magnets on the wheel have to be permanent magnets. There will be no brushes or wire coils on the internal wheel since its speed will constantly be trying to tear it apart.

The calculations for the velocity of the outter surface of the wheel must approach light speed.

As speed of wheel increases, the switching of the pole motors for the wheel could go in reverse to keep up with switching requirements.

All this was created in my mind as I wrote my book, Ketty's Subdivision. I thought it up, but what if it really works. Humans might be able to travel to another star someday.

Leave comment then send DM if interested or if you have questions or input.

Sincerely Chris Bieniek, California.