Chapter 11

It's Saturday night and Brad texts Riley to see if she'd like to come over to his place and hang out and so he would wait, the doorbell rings and he opens the door and sees Jordan standing on the porch. Brad asks, "What are you doing here, Jordan?" Jordan surprises Brad with his answer, "I'm here to take Riley back away from you and I want her to get away from you!" Brad was surprised, but he responded, angrily, "There's no way I'm letting you take my girl away from me and I won't! Why do you want to take Riley back after you cheated on her Taylor, her best friend and my ex-girlfriend?" "Wait, Riley hasn't heard about what happened between you and Taylor?" Jordan asks. Brad shakes his head. Riley's car pulls up and Brad runs down the steps to Riley, picks her up, spins her around and kisses her. Riley sees Jordan, "Jordan, what are you doing here?" Jordan responds, "There's something I need to tell you. I know it's gonna break your heart and it's better if you heard it from me instead of him. Riley, after that night, you told him that you're staying in Miami and went home to do your homework, Brad cheated on you with your best friend and his ex-girlfriend, Taylor." Riley was surprised, turned around, and asked Brad something, "Brad, is that true?" Brad nods his head and apologizes, "Riley, I'm so sorry! I should've told you earlier but I was happy because you were staying in Miami! Please forgive me!" "How can I? You're the second person who's been cheating on me with Taylor! Obviously, staying here in Miami was definitely a big mistake! Riley says, angrily. Riley asks, upset, "Brad, how could you do this to me? You're supposed to be the guy who's always there for me when I needed him, always there for me when I'm crying and supposed to be my true love!" Jordan hugs Riley, while she cries, he [Jordan] asks her a question, softly. "Can I be your boyfriend again?" Riley responds, nodding. Jordan looks at Brad, "I wanted to get her back and wanted her to get away from you, Brad!" Guess what? I got her back and I won't let her get away from me! I was her very first boyfriend ever since the 6th grade!" "Guys, I have to make a really big decision to think about who's really my boyfriend, but before I choose, I want to give each of you guys one last chance to tell me why I should pick you and not the other guy!" Riley says, suspiciously. Jordan goes first, "Riley, you should pick me because even though I cheated on you the first time, I promise I will never do that again and I'll be a better boyfriend than Brad!" Riley smiles. Brad goes last, "Riley, stay with me! I've known you were the one for me ever since I saw you walking with Taylor in the hallways sophomore year of high school." Riley smiles, awkwardly. Riley takes a deep breath and begins to respond, "Thanks, guys. That was really sweet. So I've made my decision and the guy that I choose is... Jordan!" Jordan picks Riley up, spins her around and kisses her. Brad asks, surprisingly, "Riley, how could you pick him over me?" "Because you were a jerk face before we met and you're still a jerk face now!" Jordan hugs Riley and kisses her forehead. "Thank you so much for picking me and I promise you I will never be a jerk to you ever!" Riley and Jordan gets into Riley's car and go to Jordan's place. Jordan kisses Riley and Riley drives off home.