2. Arriving At Mystic Falls

Marcel

It has been two days since Rebekah told me the story of the only girl Klaus truly loved. Caroline Forbes, a 17 year old teenager with blonde hair and a face that made Klaus drop to his knees. If Klaus fell for the girl she must be special, right?

"Oh, sorry," a girly voice erupts from behind me as I accidentally knock into them. I turn around, glancing down at the taller girl with long brown hair. Her books were scattered across the floor, and being the cheesy gentleman I am, knelt down to help her collect them.

"Thank you," she adds with a smile, standing up as I do.

"It's no problem. I'm Marcel."

"Elena. So are you new here? I haven't ever seen you around campus," suddenly it clicks. Rebekah mentioned a girl named Elena Gilbert- the doppelgänger. She said that was the girl Klaus needed to complete his whole hybrid massacre, he needed her blood. She also mentioned she just so happened to be one of Caroline's best friends.

"Oh well I actually don't go here. I'm visiting a friend. Her name is Caroline Forbes, you don't happen to know where she is, do you?" Her breath hitches, as if she's surprised. I'm sure I seem suspicious to her.

"You and Caroline are friends? That's weird... She's never mentioned you," we walk down the pathway to the college. Stay on track Marcel- find Caroline.

"Oh well I didn't think she would. Our parents used to hang out together actually so that's how we knew each other. But then I moved and we kind of drifted apart. I was in town and heard she goes here," I say. The lie was unusually smooth. She nods, letting it go.

"Oh, it must have been hard to hear about her parents later then. We're your parents close to them?" I try to wrap my mind about what she was telling me. Her parents are dead then? This will be easier than I thought.

"Oh yeah, it was devastating," I fake my sadness. A frown etches onto Elena's lips at the thought. Come on, just tell me where Caroline is already.

"I think she's up in our dorm, room 112. Do you want me to come show you?"

"No, no. I can take care of it," I answer almost too quickly. She furrows her eyebrows.

"Okay... Well I have to get to class. It was nice meeting you, Marcel!" She waves goodbye, walking off with her books. I look up at the grand staircase filled with rushing students, making my way to the third floor.

"110, 111, 112," I smirk, knocking on the door after I finally find it. I hear a high pitched voice call out.

"One minute!" She says. I patiently wait, trying not to look out of place as the door opens. The girl was tall with wavy blonde hair and ocean blue eyes which stared up at me. She was thin, wearing a green crop top and shorts.

"Um sorry, do I know you?" I hadn't yet thought of how to exactly do my plan.

"No... but you know my friend Klaus, right?" She etches her eyebrows together, placing a hand on her hip.

"Yes I know Klaus. Who are you?" I smirk devilishly at the bit of sass she had. Klaus always loved a challenge.

"I'm his friend Marcel," Friend. It disgusted me, even if it was a lie.

"Klaus doesn't have friends. Who are you?" She repeats, this time a scold on her face. I guess she does know him pretty well.

"Okay, we're not friends. Klaus is kind of like the father I never had. He saved me from slavery awhile back... But that doesn't matter. If you could just invite me in I'm sure I can explain," I bribe her. Caroline's eyes go wide.

"You're a vampire?" She whispers.

"Just let me in. Like I said, I will explain everything," I result to begging. With hesitance, she finally lets me in, closing the door behind her.

I send a quick text to Rebekah.

I'm in. Now its your turn.

Caroline

Marcel takes a seat on my bed, and I take a seat on Elena's, opposite from him. I almost want to text Klaus, asking who the hell this Marcel guy was and what he was doing here in Mystic Falls looking for me.

"I'm sure you're pretty confused why I'm here," he states, reading my mind. I really want to reply something snarky and sarcastic, but he still was a stranger.

"So why are you here? I haven't talked to Klaus in weeks so if you need something from him, I'm not the person to call," I scoff. I catch an evil glint in his eye which makes me shiver. I do not trust him.

"Did you ever love Klaus?" The question throws me off guard.

"What?" I narrow my eyebrows.

"Did you? I mean I heard you two were pretty close so I assumed-"

"I was dating someone at the time so no. I didn't love Klaus," I say as if it's the most absurd concept. If Tyler hadn't been in the picture I'm sure his charm could have made me feel something a little stronger for the hybrid, but I was being truthful. I didn't. He seems shocked.

"Oh... So he never loved you?" Marcel seems genuinely confused by the concept. That was a whole different concept...

"What? Why are you asking me these questions?! That's none of your business. I don't even know you," I stand up, angrily. I was about ready to throw him out.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to- just answer this. Did Klaus ever love you?" A blush rises to my cheeks, and he nods, getting it.

"So he did."

"I never said anything."

"You avoided my question which means he did. Perfect," he whispers. I shudder, my hands beginning to shake. This man was definitely not a friend of Klaus's...

Marcel

"I think it's time for you to leave now," I can see her hand shaking ever so slightly. Any minute now, Rebekah...

The door suddenly swings open, taking the girl aback. She gasps before a dart arrow hits her shoulder. Her hands scramble to get it out before she closes her eyes, falling into my arms.

"Took you long enough," I wink, teasing slightly. She rolls her eyes, waiting by the doorway to make sure it was all clear.

"How long should she be out for?"

"Long enough until we're back in New Orleans. Then I'll have you compel her," I repeat the plan we set up. Rebekah sighs.

"Marcel... If Nick finds out-"

"He won't," I place firm hands on her shoulders to assure her.

"You don't know that."

"I had some of my men distract him. I didn't even tell them what was happening. This is between you and me."

"Okay," she sighs. I place a gentle small kiss on the vampire's forehead, letting her go.

"Now help me bring her to the car without anyone noticing."