Chapter 20

Mack PoV

Working with the werewolves and vampires weird. But Clary's right. We need to work together. I was in my position and I saw Alec, holding onto Merilorn and the guards were behind them. ''Alec, are you kidding me?'' I asked, then my phone vibrated. It was Jace, he texted me to go in. I went in, waiting for Alec, Jace and Clary. I was hiding in the corner, Alec came in, drawing the run, opening the City of Bones, then I saw Clary. I went out of my hiding place and Jace was beside me.

''Both of you told me you were taking Clary back to the Institute. You lied to me'' Alec scolded.

''We did what needed to be done'' Jace told him.

''Alec, the Clave has gone too far. You have to see that. Please, just let Meliorn go'' Clary begged.

''I have my orders.''

''You and your damn orders. Who cares about orders? See?''

''That's how little you know about being a Shadowhunter. You couldn't possibly understand-''

''It's you that doesn't understand, Alec!'' I interrupted him. ''Not this time.

''I'm really sorry'' Alec said, walking with Merilorn, but Jace pushed Alec to the ground.

''Clary, Meliorn, go, now'' I told them and they both ran out. I looked at my left and Alec was pinned to the ground.

''You always broke the rules, but never the law, not until she showed up'' Alec said.

''You've had it out for Clary from the start. And now you're getting married, Alec? We both know what this is about!'' Jace yelled at him.

''Oh, do we? Ok. Why doesn't the legend, Jace Wayland, tell us what's it about?''

''It's about me! It's about your feelings. It's because you're-'' Jace was cut off, when Alec punched him. I was watching them both, but this time it was Jace on the ground and Alec had his blade against Jace's neck.

''Do it. Do it!'' Jace screamed. ''I don't wanna be alive if we're on different sides, Alec'' Jace said and Alec sat on the ground. ''Come with me. We'll fight Valentine the right way together.''

''If we do that we'll be considered traitors like Mom and Dad.''

''I'm begging you, my parabatai my brother. Please, Alec, come with me'' Jace begged and Alec's answer surprised me.

''No''. Jace walked out, I stayed behind just a few minutes.

''It's not just you're hurting Alec. You're hurting Izzy too'' I told him.

''What about you?''

''Who cares about me? If I told you about my past, you'll hate me. Alec, think about this. Your reputation or your friends?'' I asked, running out.