Terrible Things

Eren looked up from the book in his lap, seeing a man staring across the pathway at him. He tilted his head in confusion before giving him a polite wave and going back to his book. A few minutes later, he looked up again to see the man staring again. Eren sighed and stood after marking his page. He walked over and sat beside the man.

She said, "Boy, can I tell you a wonderful thing? I can't help but notice you're staring at me."

The man looked up at him, a light red tinting his cheeks. "Hello..." He muttered awkwardly and Eren chuckled. "Hi, I'm Eren. I couldn't help but notice you staring."

"I know I shouldn't say this, but I really believe, I can tell by your eyes that you're in love with me."

The man laughed awkwardly. "Uh, yeah... Sorry about that." He looked down at his lap. "I'm Levi." He mumbled. Eren held out his hand politely. "Nice to meet you, Levi." The man glanced over and shook his hand. "You too, Eren."

Now, most of the time, we'd have too much to drink. We'd laugh at the stars and share everything.

Eren and Levi had grown on each other over the past few months, eventually starting to date and going to bars and drinking. They'd go out to a spot that Eren had found his freshman year at college. It was a small clearing with big jagged rocks everywhere. One in particular, his favorite, near the tree line that they sat on with a cooler full of beer next to them.

"Hey, Levi?" Eren asked one night, sipping on the cold bottle of alcohol. "What's your favorite color?"
Levi smiled as he looked at his boyfriend. "A sort of bluish-green." He said. "Yours?"

Eren shrugged. "Grey. What about... Ooh! Book. What's your favorite book?"

"Mmm, I don't read a lot. When I do, it's mainly a classic. Like, To Kill a Mockingbird or something like that."

I said, "Girl, can I tell you a wonderful thing? I made you a present with paper and string."

"Hey, Eren?" Levi spoke up, but not by a lot. "I, um, have something to ask you..." He trailed off.

"Open with care now, I'm asking you, please."

"Yeah?" Eren asked. The brunette was just sober enough to have his heart racing, thinking of so many scenarios of bad things that could happen. What if Levi broke up with him? They were so happy already and if that happened, it would probably be of his own fault.

"You know that I love you, will you marry me?"

Eren watched as his raven-haired boyfriend slid down from their spot on the large rock, "Come down here with me really quick." Levi called up and Eren did as he was told.
Levi took both of his hands and sunk down to one knee, becoming even shorter than he already was compared to his boyfriend. "Uh, I really, really, really love you, Eren. I honestly thought you were the most beautiful person I had ever seen when I first saw you in the park months ago. I know this is sudden and really fast but I feel like -no, I know- that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So, will you please marry me, Eren Jaeger?" He rambled and Eren sunk down to his knees, nodding furiously, throwing his arms around the shorter man.

About two years after the engagement and wedding, Eren sat Levi down on their in their apartment.

"Levi... I really need to talk to you." He said desperately. Levi looked almost instantly worried by his tone.

She said, "Boy, can I tell you a terrible thing? It's seems that I'm sick and I've only got weeks."

"I was at the doctor a few days ago..." He started out and soon explained what the doctor had so hesitantly told him. Nearly crying toward the end of his speech and Levi trying to cover up his sniffling.
"Levi, I'm so sorry."

"Don't apologize." He growled, hugging his husband, tightly. He hid his face in the younger ones shoulder and whispered brokenly. "Just don't leave me."

Slow, so slow, I fell to the ground on my knees.

End.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may continue this fic. I might add backstories or what happens after or a wedding. IDK.