Success!

It’s Spirit Week this week at my school. I was surprised they still did it, because we’re all drained of any school spirit that we once had, which wasn’t much.

Today was Character Day, where you dress up as a famous character, but a lot of people just threw stuff on and made pop culture jokes. Not that I have a problem with that, but the whole idea of the day was kind of cannibalized and torn apart by us.

My friend Chris dressed up as Superman, and kept running around yelling “I’ll save you from the meteor!” every time he saw a pretty girl. If they’d let him, he would inflate his inflatable biceps and pick them up and run them to an emergency exit. It was cute.

We were walking around talking, and Chris saw a guy dressed up as a meteor and started walking towards him quickly.

“Chris, seriously. Chris.”

“I have to save us!”

I giggled.

“Seriously. This is getting a little out of hand.”

He walked up to the guy dressed as a meteor and tapped him on the shoulder. The guy turned around and started laughing, as though he knew what was going to happen.

“Excuse me? Mr. Meteor, sir?”

“Yes?”

“I would like to engage in fisticuffs with you so that I can defeat you and save all the lovely ladies of this school, such as this one.”

“Meteors don’t have hands to engage in fisticuffs with, Chris.”

He muttered “Shut up” before the meteor hit him in slow motion, and Chris blocked it and threw another slow punch. It hit the suit softly, but the guy yelled “UGH!” and threw himself backwards.

Chris raised his hands in triumph.

“Success! Now to save the girl!”

He picked me up and ran me to an emergency exit before saluting me and heading to his next class.

So today was a good day.