Chapter 10: Eventually

A weak sun matched the look in Iris' eyes. She fought with each of them on the matter of Seamus' arrest, to the point they threatened to subdue her. Finally, Nova had a talk with her and told her that he knew how wrong it was, but nothing could fight the evidence. As Iris looked into the mirror, she just knew that something was wrong. Whether it be something wrong with her, or the others, or this situation, she didn't know who to point the finger at, she just knew something didn't seem right.

Her eyeliner was smudged, making her flawless face look like a jester. Unfortunately, she couldn't smile like the joker on a playing card. A shift in the room didn't even phase her the way it used to. Iris slowly whispered through a raspy voice that sounded like it hadn't spoke in months, but truly it was only two days. "So, what good am I to you if I can't be broken?"

"Hm," Immortal snit as he leaned back on the dark wall. "I thought by this point you'd snap like a twig. Seamus was right about one thing..." He paused as her eyes shut, then she instantly felt his hand come around her neck, and Immortal was right behind her. She refused to even shake while his cold breath ran down her neck. "You're stubborn."

Iris swallowed hard, but it wasn't fear slipping down her throat; it was anger. The rage that boiled inside of her was so raw, it took all she had not to bash his teeth in. "I see your witch gave you some new powers."

"Well, I wouldn't really say that. She just unlocked a little more of my... potential." He replied, moving his free hand across her hip bone.

Iris' first reaction was to elbow his stomach, but he quickly stopped her arm. Immortal laughed at her actions, as if he found them pitiful. Then the sound of Nova calling for Iris through the door scared him away, leaving the beauty to catch her breath. Nova, worried that she wasn't responding, let himself in to see her leaned over the vanity, fighting her tears.

"Iris, are you alright?" He asked as he rushed to her side.

She kept her head down as she replied. "Yeah, I'm just sick of fighting this war."

Nova sighed, letting the silence infect their lonely minds, He finally spoke, unable to comfort her. "I am too... I am too."

Later that evening, Sapphire diligently worked at her desk, which resided in the under area of the base. Some of the staff didn't even know it existed, but it wasn't exactly an ideal working space. The lighting was bad, and piping was exposed on the walls. For some reason, she liked it down there. Her excuse: it's quiet. That quiet was soon interrupted by her boyfriend.

"Cierra, give up." Nova said as he leaned in the doorway. "We can't change what happened."

"Yes, we can! And you know why?" She eagerly replied. Nova said nothing, not sure if there was even a possible answer. "I watched over that tape again and again and again. Then I watched some recordings of some of the team's training sessions. Seamus' mannerisms during the training... it just isn't the same compared to the guy I saw in that footage."

"Babe, I think you're digging too much into this. You need to take a break, relax, and put your feet up." He said in a calming tone, but it didn't change her mind.

"I knew you wouldn't believe me." Sapphire snapped as she turned her back to him.

Nova's eyes widened from the way he had pissed her off. "I... I'm not saying that. I just think it's a little farfetched."

"Farfetched? I am a world class agent. I trained under the best of the best, so trust me when I say I know what I'm talking about! It doesn't even matter," She continued as she pulled on her leather jacket. "Because I looked over laws you all supposedly follow. I have a right to interrogate Seamus, despite the evidence."

"Fine! If you want to, be my guest. I'll even unlock the fucking cell door for you!" Nova retaliated, steaming at her arrogance to only see her own opinion.

Even if they were upset with one another, Nova still watched as Sapphire unlocked the cell. A hand went over the top of hers as she turned the key, and she followed the arm to see Kootra. "What exactly are you doing?"

"It's my God given right to interrogate him. Even says so in your rules." Sapphire replied, a devilish smile plastered on her soft lips.

Without any argument against her, he let her proceed. As the cell door swung open, Seamus popped his head up. He was shocked to see Sapphire was even aloud down there.

"C'mon." She said, her voice like ice. "Follow me."

Being the manipulation expert she was, she knew exactly how to act. Sapphire treating Seamus just as she'd treat any prisoner; coldly. The two of them walked to an iron door, Nova and Kootra carefully following behind. They entered the room, of which was dirty. It looked as if it hadn't been used in years, and the blinking lamp added to the affect.

"Take a seat." Sapphire instructed as she turned her own chair around. Her eyes went to the two men. "Boys, you can wait outside."

"What if he attacks you?" Kootra questioned, a vicious look lingering in his eyes.

She sighed. "He's an arms expert, and last time I checked, he was unarmed, which makes him powerless. Plus, I've beat him in combat since we were kids. And might I say that it is an unfair accusation to assume he would even touch me."

His eyes narrowed. "Sapphire, are you implying that you are on his side?"

"Of course not, but I believe he has the right to be treated as a human, not a monster." Sapphire replied, not missing a beat.

Kootra scoffed as he and James made their way out of the room. Sapphire smiled from the satisfaction, then took a seat across from Seamus. She bounced her sharply manicured hands on the table as she stared at him, receiving a fearful look in return. He was uncomfortable with the look that dug into his soul like a ravage beast.

"What exactly are you passing off as your alibi?" She calmly asked.

"I was with Iris at the time that it supposedly happened." He responded.

Her dead on stare did not shift as she continued. "And what exactly were you two doing?"

Seamus paused, letting his glare fall on the table. How was he supposed to answer that without it becoming awkward? "Her and I... We hadn't been able to openly love one another for so long. So if I could put it lightly, we were reconnecting."

"I see." Sapphire replied. "Give me one good reason why I should believe you."

He was taken back by what she asked. One of the many reasons Sapphire was so good at what she did was because she never went by the book. Seamus had been interrogated many times, none like this. He leaned forward on the table so that they were very close to one another.

"Let me ask you something. If you lost James to a woman that did nothing but hurt him, what would be the first thing you'd do when you got him back?"

She took a deep breath. "I'd love him."

"Exactly." Seamus softly said. "Why would I do something so stupid that it'd run the risk of tearing her right from my arms?"

Sapphire studied his face for a few seconds, then stood from her seat. She opened the door to face the men. "He didn't do it." She mumbled.

Kind of a short chapter... Sorry folks! I hope you enjoyed regardless. The song in the side is Eventually by P!NK :D Thanks for reading & supporting us! Please remember to comment, vote, follow, & all that magical stuff! We Love You Guys,

~Meryl <3