Broken

Iruka's POV
          ---------------
I told Naruto he was going to be alright and then I think he blacked out. I ran into the hospital looking for tsunade. "Tsunade!" Tsunade came rushing towards me as soon as she saw Naruto on my back. "Take him into this room." She pointed to an empty room and I laid him down on the bed. "What happened to him?" "He came to my classroom just after he brought Sasuke back. "Well he has a few broken ribs, his leg is broken and has some blood loss." Tsunade said checking him over. "Just wait outside." I did what tsunade said and started thinking about what Naruto said. An hour later tsunade came out of the room. "You can go in now iruka." "Thank you." I went in to see Naruto was looking outside the window. "Naruto."  He looked over to me and didn't say anything. "How do you feel?" "I feel pain all over my body but it's nothing new to me, I'm used to it." He looked back over to the window. "What do you mean by that Naruto?" "I mean I'm used to the feeling of pain because of the villagers." "What did the villagers do to you?" "... Awful things I rather not talk about. "Do they still do awful things to you?" "Why do you think my apartment looks so bad." The villagers did that to his apartment? I thought it was always like that because of how old it was. "Naruto I told you the truth when I said I would catch you if you were to fall." "Thanks. Truth is I've been falling for quite a time now." "How long is that?" "13 years now." "Naruto." I walked closer to him until we were face to face. "You won't be alone anymore... I promise." This time I saw a real smile on Naruto's face and I kissed his forehead knowing I'll keep my promise.