{sliced}

"Go for Sablan."

"Sir Mark, it's me."

"Golden Boy! What's up? You sound like you're under the weather. Asan ka?"

"I'm not sick. My fucking nose is broken."

"What?! Are you getting it taken care of? You have back to back endorsement shoots in a few weeks. And your album launch is just around the corner! What the hell happened?"

"She happened."

"She?"

"Maine."

"Oh. Dude... I told you to leave her alone. We had a hell of a time doing damage control the first time you fucked up. I'm not sure we can spin it to your favor anymore. People love her more, and you really did fuck up."

"Tangina. Thanks for the recap."

"Just being honest. Teka, isn't Maine on a self-imposed hiatus somewhere in Europe?"

"She's in Como. Italy. In a private villa. Playing house with some photographer guy."

"And you know this because?"

"Because I followed her, okay? I need to fix everything between us. I need us to be okay again!"

"So nasa Italy ka? Wow. Okay. Bilib ako sa lakas ng loob mo. But I thought... wait, what about Hannah?"

"What about her? She can't help bring back the level of popularity that I lost when Maine broke up our loveteam."

"Ah eh.. Maine didn't break it up. You did."

"Same thing. Kailangan kong ayusin to! Pakonti ng pakonti mga projects at endorsements ko, tangina. Dati araw araw ako may scheduled shoots ngayon swerte na makadalawa sa isang buwan. Nobody wants to sign me up na ako lang. They want us. Together."

"But she wants nothing to do with you anymore. Triple A is working on dissolving all remaining ties with you. Move on, Golden Boy. It's a lost cause."

"What about that movie project with Viva?"

"Actually Viva doesn't want to budge. They still want the movie to push through. Triple A is having a hard time getting out of the contract."

"Good."

"Good? Bakit good? Dude... ano na naman pinaplano mo?"

"The greatest fucking comeback in the history of Philippine showbusiness. Call Viva. Tell them I'm ready to do the movie."

"Paano si Maine?"

"She's too good of a person to back out of a contract. She'll do the movie. We'll do it. We'll recapture what we lost and then I'll be back on top."

"Ikaw lang?"

"Ako lang."