Chapter 10

3rd person omniscient POV

Madara felt Akira's body become heavier and heavier. He gently lowered her down onto the grass and looked at her. Her wound was still bleeding heavily.

He felt understandably hurt, guilty, and went on to blame himself for what had happened. She was obviously ambushed on her way there; the fighting hasn't even started and she was already a casualty.

Madara sat down beside her and just stared, but not really staring. He was recalling everything that had happened and wondered if there was anyway it could have been prevented.

Maybe if he wouldn't have left to go back to the compound, maybe if she wasn't allowed to do anything she wanted. Or maybe if he was stronger he would have sensed something was out of place.

That had to be it. Madara snapped out of the trance he was in. That had to be it. If I had trained more this wouldn't happened, this would have ended with me the hero and her alive.

Madara looked back at akira. The sun was hitting her face at an angle, making her look like a sleeping beauty. She looked as if her eyes were going to flutter open any second and say "just kidding."

She looked calm and Madara knew she probably was. She died an almost painless death with someone she loved and she didn't have to die anywhere near a battlefield.

He sighed and looked away, she didn't deserve this. Madara looked up and began to think. What exactly am i supposed to do with her. I'm not going to leave her here, but if I take her they'll think I killed her. I can't hide her either, that'll raise suspicions and that's the last thing I need.

Madara sat for a couple of more minutes before he started to hear explosions in the distance. He knew he had to come up with a decision and quick, any longer and someone's going to come and get her.

He stood up and carefully picked up Akira. Her hair was trailing down his side and her head was nestled against his armor.

Madara began to carefully walk his way towards the battlefield. He knew through the trees were faster, but he didn't want to endanger Akira. As the explosions became louder, madara's heart began to race.

What would they say, what would they do? He knew if they tried to attack, Izuna would jump in and protect him. That is if the uchiha clan doesn't intervene first.

All these thoughts just revolved around madara's head. The what if's were the most common and scary from all of them.

He soon started to see the terrain change. The area around the battlefield was being affected and as he got closer, the harder it became to walk.

He decided to jump into the trees and watch before he made a move. He stood in a tree on the farside of the field. He saw most, if not all, of the ninjas attacking. He saw some die, while others recovered then killed.

He was glad akira didnt have to die in this type of situation, but knew he might. As the battle started to come to an end, he located akira's brother. Renzo, from afar, looked easily troubled.

🔱🔱🔱

Renzo questioned tobirama when he finally arrived at the field some time after him. "Where is my sister?" Tobirama looked away and tried to avoid the question. "Senju! Answer me!"

Renzo was about to violently grab tobirama before some of the clan members stopped him.

"I dont know she left on the way here." He was obviously angered and stormed off to his troops.

Renzo was told to calm down and focus on the real problem at hand. If akira wasn't here, he was now the commander. He was dragged off soon after to decided what tactics should be used, if any.

Once the basics were decided it was time for battle. However, Renzo was different. He would usually laugh and enjoy himself, but he was silent and focused.

He would, between enemies, check his surroundings. Not for attacks or enemies, but for Akira. He caught sight of Tobirama several times, but they both avoided eye contact.

The battle raged on and once it started to die down, renzo stormed towards tobirama again. "Where is my sister?"

Tobirama yet again tried to avoid the question but harshirama stopped him. "As far as I saw she left the front and went into the forest. She might had met up with that uchiha." Tobirama tried to provide a reasonable answer.

Renzo knew there was something more behind that. If she went to meet up with the uchiha, why wasn't she back here yet? Why didn't he see her fighting?

Renzo had nothing else to say to him. He wasn't there with them and it was obvious tobirama didnt want to deal with it at all.

He was about to walk away when he saw a dark figure standing in a tree hundreds of yards away. His silhouette alone gave Renzo enough detail to know who it was.

🔱🔱🔱

Madara looked on and saw he was noticed by Renzo. His heart started to race again, his mind began to go blank. I need to explain.....no that wont work....Tobirama.....Renzo.....

Madara sighed deeply and looked down. Akira still looked peaceful and he knew this would probably be the last time he would be able to hold her, let alone touch her.

He pulled her closer and gave her a tight embrace. Madara placed his hand on her cheek and tilted her head up, I love you, I'll solve everything that's happened. I promise.

He then made his way towards Renzo, the kurama commander. He knew a direct path through the battlefield was muder; a kurama clan member would see them and kill him.

Madara, in the end, opted to take the long route through the trees surrounding the area. On his way there he decided just to try to explain everything.

There's no use in lying or hiding anything for that matter.