One

A/N Heyyo, I hope you enjoy this book! I'm making Tyler and Jenna the same age so there both 27 (as of 2016). Also, a small tw.

Btw, beware I never edited a lot of these early chapters and there's some weird and cringy mistakes 

June 15, 2004

A young girl, of average height, with blonde hair that sat upon her head in a bun, walked towards a gas station with her mother. She seemed to be effortless beautiful, her piercing blue eyes glowing in the sunlight. However she was obviously irritated, complaining to her mother about the heat,

"Oh, my god" she exclaimed

"What?" replied her mother

"I was just hit with a wall of heat!"

"Yea, it's 98 degrees today"

"Yet I still don't have air conditioning in my room" she sarcastically remarked

"You'll survive"

"Will I? I could die of a heat stroke you know"

"Jenna, stop being so dramatic. Now, what do you want?"

Not even glancing at her choices, she grunted "A water"

She left the small store, barely waiting for her mother to pay for the drinks. As soon as she sat down, she put in her headphones and music gracefully filled her ears, automatically putting her at peace.

They were on the highway now. The bright yellow lines popped against the black asphalt, illuminating the road in such a way that that it stood out against the bright blue sky and lines of trees. Jenna had always thought that the highway was peaceful, she didn't quite know what it was that made it peaceful, she could never identify just one aspect of it. Maybe it was how the highway was so orderly, how everybody knew to which lane to be in and when to take a certain exit. But maybe it was that you could look out the window and see the trees zoom past you all blurry, yet your sitting so still, maybe it was even that the highway was taking all sorts of people to all sorts of places on its endless trail. Jenna didn't know what made it so peaceful for her but she liked to think about it, she would look out the window and wonder what each soul on this road is thinking, where there going, and she genuinely wished for them to all be alright.

   Suddenly she was jolted out of her subconscious thoughts when her mother stopped at a toll booth, she looked around and was about to sink back into her music and thoughts when she noticed a boy. He looked about the same age as her and had short chocolate brown hair and tanned skin, he was listening to music. He was looking straight ahead but then he noticed Jenna and they locked eyes. It was less of a glance at each others face and eyes, but more of a glance at each other as people. This was something neither of them had ever felt before. Jenna felt like she could see into this boys soul through his eyes. At first she saw a cute teenage boy who was happy and loved music but then she saw the pain in his eyes, and the demons in his head. She saw him laying in bed at 3 am wondering what was wrong with him, why he couldn't sleep, why he felt so worthless and she saw his weak hand reaching for his piano to drain out his thoughts. It was the strongest connection that Jenna had ever experienced, however she wondered, 'How am I feeling his soul? Is he feeling mine'?

  He was. He first saw a beautiful young girl with lots of friends and family but then he saw the fear that left a permanent residue on her soul. He saw her curled up in a ball inside her closet, in the middle of an anxiety attack, balling and reaching her shaky hand to try and turn some music on to calm her down. He felt connected to her too. But yet again, Jenna, and this time the boy, Tyler, as well, were whisked out of their thoughts by the fast movement of their cars. As Tyler's car took an exit and Jenna's didn't they both realized they probably would never be able to see each other ever again.

"Tyler...Tyler...TYLER!" Maddy, his sister said

"Sorry, sorry...what?" He replied

"Mom said we can go get something to eat while she gets gas, you want anything?"

"Chips, thanks"

"Ok,...are you alright?"

"Yea I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?" He lied

"I don't know, but you're staring in to space creepily"

"Heh, sorry"

"Uhh ok" she said as she walked towards the gas station store behind Tyler's two younger brothers.

For the rest of the day both Tyler and Jenna couldn't stop thinking about each other. And even for the 7 years that passed before they met, they would think about each other and that moment from time to time and wonder, will they ever meet?.

A/N okay sorry I feel like that kinda sucked but if by some chance it didn't please comment. Like I'm serious comments and votes and reads, even though I have like none of any, motivate me to write so... also sorry it was so short:(